Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I've noticed a loud metal-on-metal noise when I drive over manhole covers or very uneven/patched pavement at speeds over 30mph. This will be on a 2012 T3, with 40k miles.

The noise can not be heard from inside, but with the windows down, it appears to be coming from the driver's side rear.

I wanted to see if any members had similar issues and how they solved it before I take it into the dealership.

Thanks,

FBW

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have a 2014 V6 and I am hearing a strange noise as well especially from the rear when im going up an incline when the wheel is turned.
I am guessing sway bar bushings?

·
Registered
8 Posts
My 2014 VR6 had creaking/squeaking noises when turning or going over bumps. The noise sounded as though it was coming from the rear most of the time, but sometimes from the front. I took it in recently for service and had the noises checked out. The dealer diagnosed the noise using a chassis ear, and replaced the front anti-sway bar bushings. That seems to have fixed it - no more noise.

·
Registered
106 Posts
My 2014 VR6 had creaking/squeaking noises when turning or going over bumps. The noise sounded as though it was coming from the rear most of the time, but sometimes from the front. I took it in recently for service and had the noises checked out. The dealer diagnosed the noise using a chassis ear, and replaced the front anti-sway bar bushings. That seems to have fixed it - no more noise.
. Thank you for the feedback I’ll have it checked out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts