Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a spacer lift for my 2011 today. Went with the rising sun units from ebay. Also ordered a strut compressor. I will post pics when the parts arrive, and durring install (if I can remember).

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still waiting on the spacers from Russia. Actually trying to cancel my order today so I can order from forge motorsports here in the us. Will update again when I get parts.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
lol

Make sure you look at the parts asap when you get the Forge delivery. My kit had 2- rear kits and nothing for the front when it arrived :/

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ordering one from them is on hold. I was able to contact the ebay seller and they said the item is shipped and it is too late to cancel.... so now I wait. Not really in a big hurry to tear my car apart in 95 deg heat anyway.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got my spacers today. No bolts though.....
Anyone know what size I need for the front tophat spacers ?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup, no bolts at all. And all they will tell me is the bolts are the same as in the car but longer.... well duh. So, does anyone know the diameter and thread pitch for those studs ? And length.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got started on the install this evening. Got one strut done in about an hour. Spent a bit of time washing parts. I hate putting dirty parts back together.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Don't forget that you will need a wheel alignment done.

TonyB

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Great looking ride

Which tires?

·
Registered
62 Posts
And if one doesn't have the skills, about how long do you reckon a shop would charge for this?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
My shop charges per axle to remove and reinstall. The front axle was something like $450 and the rear axle, which they say is easier, was like $330.so on other words a ton of money .. If you have the dealer do it make sure they're doing something else in there like upgrading shocks or new springs or something lol

Reactions: rabitoblanco

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Not sure "your shop" rates would apply to an independent suspension vehicle as it sounds like they are used to working on tractors with solid axles.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
By shop I meant dealer. They still charge per axle for suspension work.

Reactions: alfissimo

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
wow, that is a lot of dollars. But it is a lot of work. I got one front strut done friday after work in about 2 hrs. Spent about 6 hrs on the rest of it the next day.
I used this spring compressor from amazon

Alignment was done on Monday. Happy to be all done with this project.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I will be lifting mine this weekend 2.5" with Alex's spacers, New bilstein B4's (praying they are not too hard) 18x8 OEM later Touareg wheels and decided to go with 265/60/18 Wildpeak AT3/w this time, will go larger next tire. I want to be slightly conservative, see how she feels first. Ditching the 20" wheels even though they look good with some hardcore tires on them.

Spring compressor use: macpherson-interchangable-fork-strut-coil-spring-compressor-extractor-tool-set.html

1 - 20 of 20 Posts