Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow people.

I was just wondering (before I take things apart to check) if anyone with a Dynaudio equipped T3 has checked for subwoofer output signal at pins 9 and 13 on the actual radio unit? (Right rear quarter panel). The wire diagram in I-wire seems to suggest its present on Dynaudio even through there’s really nothing going on in that connector.

Thanks in advance and sorry if this has been asked, I did try the search feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
590 Posts
No idea but I'd love to know!!

As I understand it most people have grabbed a line level output from the front speaker pair to run a sub.

I've noticed on my '13 that Dynaudio delivers exactly what an engineer would want. High fidelity sound. It's been my experience that if you play a super heavy bass audio file from the memory card or from a Bluetooth connection that there's a lot more bass available than most music uses. To me VW needed add a super bass button to allow boosting bass on the stock Dynaudio system. Without it the best bet is a sub output (or a line out). If you type in Bass Test on youtube you will find a lot of decent tracks for testing the factory bass. In my case it made me decide the issue wasn't my system but the audio I was putting into it (not that it couldn't use a bit more bass).

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m very OCD about wiring, I’d rather do it this way if I knew I’d would work. Might just have to pull some trim this weekend.

·
Learner
4,719 Posts
Dynaudio amp is in the rear left, deep behind the four zone ac unit.
Before i hooked up my sub i looked up all the wiring and there was no sign of sub out.

So tapped in from the wiring out to front L/R channels that come out of the amp.

I too am bit ocd with it all and happy with the install.
Sub i installed- kicker unit takes high or low so no probs there.
The lower end bass now compliments the great clarity from dynaudio

·
Registered
100 Posts
Dynaudio amp is in the rear left, deep behind the four zone ac unit.
Before i hooked up my sub i looked up all the wiring and there was no sign of sub out.

So tapped in from the wiring out to front L/R channels that come out of the amp.

I too am bit ocd with it all and happy with the install.
Sub i installed- kicker unit takes high or low so no probs there.
The lower end bass now compliments the great clarity from dynaudio
My words exactly. Me and Singh even tried to document the procedure in this thread

https://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f45/t2-t3-dynaudio-amp-location-284675.html

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I appreciate the replies, however I was trying to see if it was possible to get signal from the radio itself rather than tapping into wires are the amp. In I-wire/Elsa pro it lists in wiring diagrams pin 9 and 13 for Dynaudio vehicles. I may have to pull trim after all to check and see if it in fact does or not.

·
Learner
4,719 Posts
I appreciate the replies, however I was trying to see if it was possible to get signal from the radio itself rather than tapping into wires are the amp. In I-wire/Elsa pro it lists in wiring diagrams pin 9 and 13 for Dynaudio vehicles. I may have to pull trim after all to check and see if it in fact does or not.

Fair enough, can you post a snippet of this wiring diagram

·
Learner
4,719 Posts
You can try and tap that and check if it does output a low level out for sub.
Would be equally hard to get, you would still have to tap and i wonder if there would be an improvement in audio signal signal quality- this vs using the front LR

1 - 10 of 10 Posts