Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 T3 Sport TDI.

Driver's side door lock buttons don't work. Mirror control works. Window controls work. Child lock buttons work.

Water could have infiltrated, I want to open it up to see.

Is this easily done? Looking for pictures/video/explanation. Thanks.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Yes, easy to get to. From memory, pry up on the rear of the arm rest on the door where the switches are. Should pop right off.

Do the door locks work everywhere else?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Philth. The door lock buttons/switches work everywhere else, which means they work on all doors except the driver's door.

When you say pry up on the arm rest: on the T3 the lock switch/button is on the door trim panel itself, on a vertical surface if you will. From your description I think you mean the horizontal arm rest, attached to the door trim panel. Hope that isn't confusing.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Oh my bad! Yes, you're correct.

You'll have to remove the door panel to access, I believe.

Pry off wood trim and there is one torx screw there.

Pry off horizontal arm rest with window switches attached. Disconnect switches on bottom side and I THINK there are 2 torx screws there.

Remove cover from vertical handle and remove one torx screw.

The rest of the panel is held on with those plastic pop clips. Just pry, starting from bottom. Be careful when you remove the panel as there are all sorts of connectors for the alarm light, side light, tweeter and the door handle itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts