Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all,

Just got back from a 5 hr trip today. On the way back, once the engine was started, the cooling fan was running high constantly the entire time i was driving on the high way. It doesn't turn on when the engine is off.
The coolant temp indicates as normal (200 ). MY 2013 V6.

Anyone run into this problem before?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yes, this is a fairly common issue. Your engine coolant fan temperature switch likely failed. Do the search, there're several threads on this. The part is about $35 and a half hour DIY to swap it out . . .

Reactions: Long Runner

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, this is a fairly common issue. Your engine coolant fan temperature switch likely failed. Do the search, there're several threads on this. The part is about $35 and a half hour DIY to swap it out . . .
Thanks. That's what i had suspected. I will probably bring it to dealer since i still have warranty.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update - I took the vehicle in for Service at VW. It turns out to be a software issue (TSB), not hardware (not coolant thermostat sensor ). The reports "Tech performed GFF and found fault code P2181 for cooling system performance. Tech found TSB 01-14-10 for concern. Tech performed TSB ECm software update. Tech performed road test vehicle working as designed."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts