Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havent taken delivery of a new t3 without dynaudio that i just purchased. Thinking of installing a match 62 dsp with match sub and new woofers amd tweeters. How many woofers and tweeters does the t3 have? Any recommendations for speakers?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Go and look at t3 vag com tweaks and do the new radio coding...makes the stereo 10 times better. I wanted to do the dsp and now i dont feel its needed at all. I do want to upgrade speakers maybe but i need to find out what ohm the stock ones are first to match them.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Go and look at t3 vag com tweaks and do the new radio coding...makes the stereo 10 times better. I wanted to do the dsp and now i dont feel its needed at all. I do want to upgrade speakers maybe but i need to find out what ohm the stock ones are first to match them.
Do you mean activating the dynaudio profile for non dynaudio sound systems as specified by Nicholi below:

1. Select the " 56 - Radio" unit.
2. Enter the section " 07 - Encoding " and press " Long encoding "
3. Byte 4 - replace the value 01 with the value 00
4. Save and exit

·
Registered
464 Posts
Do you mean activating the dynaudio profile for non dynaudio sound systems as specified by Nicholi below:

1. Select the " 56 - Radio" unit.
2. Enter the section " 07 - Encoding " and press " Long encoding "
3. Byte 4 - replace the value 01 with the value 00
4. Save and exit
Yes however no one knows what it actually does....this in my opinion is not just a profile change...the amplification is multiplied hugely...the system goes louder, is louder...has better lows and highs with no distortion or any issues the time ive had it done.

·
Registered
464 Posts
couple months and i drive a great deal every day

Reactions: bangrsNmash

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yes however no one knows what it actually does....this in my opinion is not just a profile change...the amplification is multiplied hugely...the system goes louder, is louder...has better lows and highs with no distortion or any issues the time ive had it done.
The Dynaudio profile defeats the factory eq settings. Sounds louder but it is actually just not tailored to the vehicle. Remember who the target/expected market the Treg was for. Think equalized for muzak...

Sent from my ASUS_Z01GD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
The non-Dynaudio profile uses a lower output as well as some frequency cuts, especially on the low end. When I activated Dynaudio, the range improved but I started to hear the rear door woofers bottoming out with low frequencies at less than 50% volume. I believe the Dynaudio speakers are needed for any real volume playback, as they most likely have stronger suspensions and control cone motion better at those frequencies.

·
Registered
126 Posts
The non-Dynaudio profile uses a lower output as well as some frequency cuts, especially on the low end. When I activated Dynaudio, the range improved but I started to hear the rear door woofers bottoming out with low frequencies at less than 50% volume. I believe the Dynaudio speakers are needed for any real volume playback, as they most likely have stronger suspensions and control cone motion better at those frequencies.
When you say "the range improved" did you mean "the frequency response improved?" More than likely the "range" decreased as you have less volume control range before distortion and much worse gain structure.

What's the point of a volume that goes from 0-10 if you can't use anything passed 2 or 3? Dynamics are compressed and fine adjustments of the volume are impossible.

It would not be advisable to put in the Dynaudio speakers without the amp and associated wiring. It was designed as a package and needs to be used as a package.

It would be better to go aftermarket on the drivers for the existing system.

Even better is a MATCH / powered DSP system.

Best is a complete custom system where everything but the HU is replaced.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01GD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
What I mean is, the frequency range widened. It is very obvious that the base RNS850 drivers are not built to handle the same frequency range as the Dynaudio drivers. Volume is not range or bandwidth, it is amplitude.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts