Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 44 Posts

· Registered
20,262 Posts
So doesn't your seat just hinge backwards from the front having undone the two bolts* in the floor at the front of the seat [*not the seat track bolts]?

· Registered
20,262 Posts
Well at least you didn't take the seat out as some have done and then wondered why the airbag light is on afterwards!

Technically, if I recall correctly, the seat bolts are one time use items and should be replaced with new.

· Registered
20,262 Posts
Has anyone done a battery relocation? The battery is absurdly mounted OEM.
Have you lifted the bonnet/hood and thought where would you put it?

I'm pretty certain that the answer to your question is "No", by the way.

On the V10 [and in a few others with a certain cold weather option] there's a second battery in the boot/trunk and this is also where a number of people have fitted an auxiliary battery to power caravans and camping trailers.

· Registered
20,262 Posts
Reminds me of the young boy aged about 12 that I saw in a Discovery the other day who was lying so far down in the front seat with his legs up on the dashboard that the seat belt diagonal was under his chin.

As I said to his mother, in an accident the dashboard airbag would break his legs and the seat belt would neatly snap his beck as he submarined out from under it....

Not my place to tell them really but it was such a dangerous thing to be doing and, as I said to her, I've seen too many dead and dying in cars and trucks over the years.

1 - 4 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.