Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple questions...my t3 highline only has halogens and i want the led/hid style SO bad.

so has anyone tried like winpower lights or another kind of aftermarket type? any luck?

there's a guy local selling oem hid housings for 1000$ canadian, can i just throw the adapter harness in with no leveling kit like this
https://www.kufatec.de/shop/en/Volkswagen/Touareg-7P/Xenon/HID-HeadLights-Adapter-VW-Touareg-7P

and work some vag com magic and be good? will my highline have the central convenience module already?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Out of curiosity any update? In the same situation as well, would love to swap out the halogens for OEM xenons but I have a feeling it's more complicated...

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I might have something. I am working with Osram in Germany so I am looking into the LED stuff.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ive found what is claimed to be halogen to bixenon conversion cables...need to find the money to buy oem lights and the harness to try it

·
Registered
499 Posts
ive found what is claimed to be halogen to bixenon conversion cables...need to find the money to buy oem lights and the harness to try it

I have done 2 of the halogen to bixenon conversions on B8 A4s and it was more than just plugging in an adapter harness to the new light. The harness also includes a wire for each harness that needed to be ran and pinned into the adapter for the central convenience module. Then you also have to recode the lighting to work properly.

It's straight forward as long as you aren't the first one doing it ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have done 2 of the halogen to bixenon conversions on B8 A4s and it was more than just plugging in an adapter harness to the new light. The harness also includes a wire for each harness that needed to be ran and pinned into the adapter for the central convenience module. Then you also have to recode the lighting to work properly.

It's straight forward as long as you aren't the first one doing it ;)
Looking for LE headlights. LEDheadlightpro has LED plug in hey recommended buying there canbus adapters total price for the set including the canbus adapters was $165.00 just got
a set in for my 2010 Treg I haven't installed them yet.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no i want oem housings

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just looked at their website and the only kit they offer is the foglight kit!

Plus correct me if im wrong but the OP was after a change out to have the LED driving light strip type headlights. Which need a complete headlight changeout

1 - 9 of 9 Posts