Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please post new T3 grille mods here!

LED Grille Lamp ≧$250 via eBay sellers: linlishan0768, cdqiangsheng and ywkm2013

As a mostly cosmetic add-on, these are too expensive for me. I might consider them but the chrome is clearly too thick. It sticks out and detracts from the original horizontal chrome lining on the lower center grille. All of the reseller are located in China as well. 6-months from now when/if they break, we'll likely have no recourse. See eBay for more imagery.

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Chrome Grille Cover $140 via eBay sellers: simmi3300 and autoparts0523.

Again, for me they're too expensive for purely cosmetic plastic. Perhaps if the thicknesses were matched I might consider them. Resellers are out of China and Korea and so it is likely there will be no warranty replacement when/if they break. More imagery on eBay.

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LED Fog Grille Replacement ≧ $150 via eBay seller: cdqiangsheng , winpower2008 , dedc and alexhjf

These look pretty slick. After going through the images for the grille mods I've posted so far, these look the-most-stock. I like that it is a full replacement rather than a cover and this mod appears to have the only LED color that matches the DRL's color. Again, everything is from China, so long term refund/warranty could be an issue. But, most of the sellers have similar policies that state they'll send you a replacement free of charge if the item arrives defective.

I would like to try these out but I am hesitant because the picture of just the item and the picture of the item installed on the Touareg do not seem to correlate. It looks like someone chopped the image of the stock Touareg and added a white bar. The backgrounds of both images appear identical as well. I'm tempted. hmm...

Here's a new image of the item installed. It still looks chopped but at least it gives a better representation:

· Premium Member
10,136 Posts
Can't say I like the looks of any of those items.

· Registered
20,262 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
T3 LED Mod getting started...

I have purchased lots of parts from China and let me tell you that in my case I have never had any issues returning or exchanging stuff!
They have an Excellent Customer Service.
This being said, I have just received these Chrome LEDs bumper Grill.
At first I thought they were the wrong ones since they are much wider than the original part.
I am planning on installing them over the weekend.
I will post some pics and my impression.
Cosmetic add-ons? Ya maybe but the entire World of Automobile is integrating these add-ons... !!!
I remember my first VW GTI in 1979... I had ordered some front spoiler and side skirts from Kamei... It cost me a bundle back then... lol
And now, EVERY car out there has a front spoiler and most sports sedan have side skirts... lol
Just 3 years ago, all the US were laughing at us Canadians that had our lights on all the time... and now... Every car has Running Day Lights...
The more lights the better... up to a point... I am not doing a Rally!!!
The Audi R8 looks absolutely amazing with it's LED's... don't you think?
Actually all Audi do... and now VW...
It's catching on...
Even Chrysler 300 have them... LOL

· Registered
10 Posts
Too Late

Chrome Fog Lamp Trim $40 via Chinese eBay reseller: hensun1961
Please don't buy these; horrendeous!

Too late, I made the purchase. They are low enough that it doesn't distract from grille design and you really only see them from a distance unless your two feet tall. Fit was perfect and quality seemed alright to me. I think it is a subtle change compared to some of the others. The vehicle does have a lot of chrome to begin with so if you don't like chrome you should be looking at something else. I saw a BMW X6 yesterday painted flat black with a bright purple roof. Very one has their own taste I guess. Mark

Attachments

· Registered
20,262 Posts
Very much don't like!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts