Club Touareg Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,893 Posts
I have a Rennline dead pedal as well. Not at all. Rock solid. I'd highly recommend it.
I just received the Rennline dead pedal for my Treg. When installing it I slipped it under the foot-well cover at a 45° angle then had to push down with decent force to get the foam tape to touch/adhere to the original footrest pad. In touching the new dead pedal after installation I noticed it seemed to want to slowly "spring" back up. I kept downward pressure on it for a minute or two and it seemed to stay.
Fast forward 1/2hr later when I went back out to the vehicle...and whoa...the Rennline pedal was sitting up at an angle. The foam tape failed to adhere. Now it won't adhere at all. I thoroughly cleaned the original footrest pad with IPA and dried it prior to install. It seems the problem is from having to slip/pry it under the foot-well cover. Thee gap from carpet to foot-well cover is thinner than the Rennline dead pedal metal and it naturally wants to sit at an angle. If the tape doesn't adhere well....it's shot.
I like the quality and the idea of the Rennline dead pedal cover but I'm not understanding how no one else has had this problem. Is there a better way to install this? Do I need to trim the very bottom of the foot-well cover a little so it doesn't want to naturally pop the Rennline up again? Can it be screwed down? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

· Registered
152 Posts
I just received the Rennline dead pedal for my Treg. When installing it I slipped it under the foot-well cover at a 45° angle then had to push down with decent force to get the foam tape to touch/adhere to the original footrest pad. In touching the new dead pedal after installation I noticed it seemed to want to slowly "spring" back up. I kept downward pressure on it for a minute or two and it seemed to stay.
Fast forward 1/2hr later when I went back out to the vehicle...and whoa...the Rennline pedal was sitting up at an angle. The foam tape failed to adhere. Now it won't adhere at all. I thoroughly cleaned the original footrest pad with IPA and dried it prior to install. It seems the problem is from having to slip/pry it under the foot-well cover. Thee gap from carpet to foot-well cover is thinner than the Rennline dead pedal metal and it naturally wants to sit at an angle. If the tape doesn't adhere well....it's shot.
I like the quality and the idea of the Rennline dead pedal cover but I'm not understanding how no one else has had this problem. Is there a better way to install this? Do I need to trim the very bottom of the foot-well cover a little so it doesn't want to naturally pop the Rennline up again? Can it be screwed down? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Sorry for the delayed reply here.

I would honestly wonder if yours was damaged in shipping or perhaps shouldn't have passed QC or something. Mine has stayed down from day one with no force whatsoever to install. It basically just dropped in place. I just cleaned the area first, put it in & that was it. This was probably 2 years ago.

· Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,893 Posts
Sorry for the delayed reply here.

I would honestly wonder if yours was damaged in shipping or perhaps shouldn't have passed QC or something. Mine has stayed down from day one with no force whatsoever to install. It basically just dropped in place. I just cleaned the area first, put it in & that was it. This was probably 2 years ago.

Thanks for the input but I've sidelined the Rennline dead pedal cover and went with 3D Maxpider floor mats that cover the dead pedal area as well. They match the interior great. I liked the fronts so much I got the one piece for the rear area and the cargo liner. So worth it.

· Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,893 Posts
How do I fit the acceleration cap, 7L6721647A?

It's a bit of a pain. When I did mine I fitted the pedal cover on the top of the gas pedal first. Then using a butter knife that I bent to a 45° angle I slowly worked my way down getting the flaps of the pedal cover to go over the OE gas pedal until I was done. A little bit of cussing' helped it along.

· Registered
72 Posts
It's a bit of a pain. When I did mine I fitted the pedal cover on the top of the gas pedal first. Then using a butter knife that I bent to a 45° angle I slowly worked my way down getting the flaps of the pedal cover to go over the OE gas pedal until I was done. A little bit of cussing' helped it along.

Thank you, the cover for the brake pedal was a bit easier but the acceleration pedal is awful!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.