Club Touareg Forum banner

T2 with air in the U.S. ?

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  TouaregerPNW 
#1 ·
Began my search for a T2 V6 TDI with air suspension. Is such an animal out there in the U.S.? Or am I wasting time?

#2 ·
#9 ·
This was a thread I started asking for thoughts on the T2 with air suspension. I was lucky enough to find a dealer that had picked one up at an auction when VW was selling them back into the market. They even told me someone else put a deposit on it, but the buyer couldn't get financing, so I was doubly lucky.

I think the end of 2019 was really the best time to grab one. VW bought many of them back and as they sold them after applying the fixes I saw several good examples. I still have alerts set up for new Touareg TDI for sale listings, and I have not seen any with air in months.

The one I bought is silver with Dynaudio, but black instead of the two-tone leather, and it has the 17" wheels that fit plenty of tire, so the options are just right for me. As others told me: if you can find one, grab it. They are great vehicles. I wish you luck!

#4 ·
Yep they exist, but there is not many of them. They were by special order only and most dealers would not order one to just sit on the lot to sell. I have owned mine from new and have no plans to give it up anytime soon. :)

Reactions: j_angel555
#5 ·
Ur not wasting time. They definitely exist but you need to go on all the major auto search engines, setup ur free account and activate some search email notifications. Because when a good low mileage one comes on the market, it’s gone within a few days.

I bought mine about a year ago, was a White in Beige 2010 TDi Lux w/Air and fully loaded, 83k miles and one of the funnest trucks I ever owned. Just sold it about 3 months ago since I bought an Audi S8. Now I’m thinking of trying to find another 2010 Touareg TDi but in Blue and just park it in the garage over at our mountain home.

Be patient and they will hit the market from time to time.

Even after having owned a 2015 Touareg Hybrid, I still loved the T2 more and can’t believe how amazing these things were in their times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 ·
I have a v8 with air and love it. But with the post above, something concerns me with the one in post #6. I have the same setup and the picture with the Miles is not from this touareg. Something is def fishy on that one. The one picture shows the highline cluster (same as I have) but then the Miles picture shows the base cluster.

Reactions: j_angel555
#8 ·
I have a v8 with air and love it. But with the post above, something concerns me with the one in post #6. I have the same setup and the picture with the Miles is not from this touareg. Something is def fishy on that one. The one picture shows the highline cluster (same as I have) but then the Miles picture shows the base cluster.
Correct. Good observation ColumbusT. Definitely something very fishy about that indeed

#11 ·
I have noticed a number of "red" 2008 V6 FSI T2's with air suspension on the market if you fancy. Quite baffling considering its a "base" model engines/package and would require a special order for air. Anyways I'm still holding out for a V8 T2 w/air. V6 TDI T2 w/air seems down right impossible.

Something to note: the front bumper typically has a brushed aluminum finish instead of the shiny aluminum when it comes to air suspension (instead of looking at the interior center console controls). I could be wrong, but 9 times out of 10 this is the case.

Happy searching!

#12 ·
Something to note: the front bumper typically has a brushed aluminum finish instead of the shiny aluminum when it comes to air suspension (instead of looking at the interior center console controls). I could be wrong, but 9 times out of 10 this is the case.

Happy searching!
Air was special order option regardless of motor except the V10. They all came with it here in NA. The bumper thing has no basis on air suspension either. That was a year thing. I have air on my V6TDI and a chrome bumper/grill surround. So you can't use that as a guide.

The brushed one was mainly for the Lux Limited models. Not many of those came with air either. Depends if the dealer ordered it in for someone with that spec or they ordered it for the lot. Generally they didn't do that.

#14 ·
Hey MonkeyWrench,

I own a used car dealership in the Seattle area and I just picked up a 2010 TDI with the air suspension package. It’s got 207k miles on it. Runs and drives great. Clean CarFax no accidents. Has TDI Extended Emmisions warranty until 251k miles or 2024 (whichever comes first). I personally drove the car from Dallas to Seattle and did an oil change prior. Great rig with the rare air suspension option.

if you want more info on it let me know. Ill be posting pictures and more information soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.