Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so on my dad's 2010 Touareg TDI, he got some kind of message on the cluster regarding the right high-beam being out of commission.

I'm not sure if it identified it via the MFA or he hooked up a code scanner to read to code but he said the right passenger high-beam stopped working.

Our T2 came with Bi-xenon headlamps and I've came across some posts that mention the D1S bulbs. Will they be the same for T2 Touaregs? I've seen D1S mentioned for 2004 but I'd like to clarify I'm buying the right bulb :)

My question is, by ordering a D1S bulb, will it be the same output (K) or will they vary? I think the T2 uses 5500k and we want to keep it OEM/Factory looking but without buying 143.00 bulbs if possible.

Any suggestions on where to buy or what kind brand to look for when buying D1S bulbs?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
D1S is correct for the T2. Be sure to replace both as HID bulbs lose intensity after time. Also, buy only genuine Phillips or Osram bulbs. Be sure they are genuine. If you find some that are cheaper, they are likely fake.

Most say to stick with 4300K (stock) bulbs for the best light intensity. I will be buying 5000K next time for a little more "white" light. But that's just my own preference. Don't go anything above 6000k or you'll be driving blind at night.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts