Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 T2 Touareg TDI Parking Sensors RED light
Hi My 2009 T2 TDI has Beeping Red ling on dash for the Parking Sensor.

Front and Rear.

Here is the Output from VAG

6 Faults Found:

00429 - Left Front Parking Aid Display (Y13)
009 - Open or Short to Ground
00430 - Front Right Parking Aid Display (Y14)
00431 - Rear Parking Aid Display (Y15)
00429 - Left Front Parking Aid Display (Y13)
004 - No Signal/Communication
00430 - Front Right Parking Aid Display (Y14)
00431 - Rear Parking Aid Display (Y15)

looks like a short somewhere.

where exactly is the parking module itself located.
i checked in the rear back left , cant find it.

I checked fused also looks good.
I did the sound test on all sensor while in drive and I can hear all of them with a faint noise.

any tips... driving me nuts.. :)

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
The parking sensor module is up above the hood release area. Its kinda up behind the fuses you would access on the driver side dash. Check that module wiring.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took off the plastic panel under the steering wheel, where the ODBII/VAG connect is.

up above the hood release all i can see is the Tire pressure monitor box...

am I close?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Maybe i was mistaken because i know i messed with my TPMS module too, my bad. I'm logging into ELSAWin now to look exactly where it is.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanks i was also told maybe in the rear trunk to the left...

but I cant; seem to find it..

-- the side panels dont seem like they come off easy at all..
is it near the spare tire?

any help appreciated

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
ok thanks i was also told maybe in the rear trunk to the left... but I cant; seem to find it.. -- the side panels dont seem like they come off easy at all.. is it near the spare tire? any help appreciated
Yep left rear here is location per VW. If you lift up the silver tie down hooks you can remove those two bolts then the panel can come off beside spare tire. On driver side. I would look there. That seems to be where it's pictured. I know I had my back bumper off and the wiring from rear sensors goes up there so it makes sense the module would be there. Looking at last image I posted it is behind trim left side.

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
I know this is an old thread...But I had an issue when it rained and the parktronic wouldn't work. The first time I heard a trick of listening to each sensor for a click. All had clicks but still not working, Then a few days later it was fine, after they dried out (or so I thought). Fast forward a few more weeks and more rain and again they wouldn't work. Just the red lights on the dash. No clicks this time. Scanned with VCDS and all of my sensors were bad. I knew they all couldn't be bad, so I knew it was the module. (little hint, as long as the module has power VDCS thinks the module is good) Swapped out module and all is good again. (2010) Module is on left side of trunk behind access panel all the way on the bottom. You need to pull away the whole panel on the left. It was kind of a bear, but took me an hour and change to do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts