Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/39slnfog2fxts3s/IMG_0054.m4v?dl=0

I've got this squeak that on the drivers door that came out of nowhere in the last week to be loud and annoying. I've attached the video below. Do I need grease on where the bar on the door frame meets that lobed cam...or is this more a need for spray oil on the cam lob shaft/bearing?

Ideas?

Don't want to put something that doesn't belong and a mess down the road!

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I have used silicone spray on my vehicles as well as family and friends. It doesn't attract dust like other products do. Works like a charm.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do have a nice food safe silicone spray I use on everything...will give it a shot. I was wondering if I needed something more penetrating to get into the shaft...but will give the silicone a try first.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Nothing to loose with the silicone, it isn't messy and after it dries you don't even know it is there...that is one reason I use it on everything... really helped my RV windows slide better...door locks on my RV too...
White grease as mentioned above will work perfect too, just is in the way of anything that might find its way into the door jam (my wife's dress for example).

One tip is spray, move door back and forth, then spray, move door... it takes a few times of this repetition.

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
I know this sounds really stupid, but at least try this..>!!!

I had exactly the same noise in both front doors. Try inserting a thin plastic wedge, such as the edge of a trim removal tool between the black mounting base of the door mirror and the chrome trim strip running along the top of the door, the sound went away. I know it sounds insane, but in my case the noise stopped whilst the wedge was in place.

Try it, you may be surprised, or it may have nothing to do with your noise..... either way, it won't cost you anything.

Stuart...

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
No, I don't believe in Astrology or Cold Fusion!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts