Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious just how good the Dynaudio system is.

Specifically I was curious how low the bass goes. I downloaded some Subwoofer Tests from Youtube, put them on an SD card and gave it a try. The Dynaudio system goes pretty low to at least 20 Hz. Maybe even as low as 10 Hz. I'll have to see if I can find a way to test it. One thing I noticed is that if you give the system the low frequencies it will play them. The problem seems to be (in my opinion) that most music doesn't have much bass content compared to what the system needs to drive the low end. It's definitely a case of needing more bass adjustment gain.

With that said the Dynaudio has a decent sound right down to perhaps 10-20 Hz (might even be 30). It can vibrate the door panels nicely. However it doesn't have enough power to shake things inside like a true sub would.

If you are curious I'd recommend downloading some audio test tracks to really hear what the system can do.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It really surprised me how little music has any real bass. Of course I haven't looked at a frequency analysis to see how over amplified the bass of the test tracks are.

I wish VW would have put a but more thought into a graphics EQ rather than forcing their rendition of perfection....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts