Club Touareg Forum banner

101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yea I would be curious to see if they still output even if there is no sub. It may require a adaptation to activate it or it may be active. Not even sure what kindof pins they are.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yea I would be curious to see if they still output even if there is no sub. It may require a adaptation to activate it or it may be active. Not even sure what kindof pins they are.
It would be very cool if it were already active! It seems like enough people have done coding on the 7P that there would have been somebody to come across the adaptation, right?

·
Learner
4,980 Posts
Don't think coding would be required.
Best to temporarily tap the wires at the plug and feed the sub.
Now wondering if the amp out has a line out for the sub, will have to check the schematic...

·
Registered
208 Posts
If you have an amp that takes line level inputs it should be too hard. I would thing the plug already has the pins you would just need to plug the speaker wire into the back of the 9 and 13 slot and run that to the amp and see if you are getting a signal. Tricky part might be getting behind the RNS.

·
Learner
4,980 Posts
If you have an amp that takes line level inputs it should be too hard. I would thing the plug already has the pins you would just need to plug the speaker wire into the back of the 9 and 13 slot and run that to the amp and see if you are getting a signal. Tricky part might be getting behind the RNS.
Just tap it from pre amp pins at the mmi unit and see what it gives

·
Registered
208 Posts
The preamp pubs are gonna be behind the screen underneath the dash storage bin aren’t they? Or are they in the glove box?

·
Learner
4,980 Posts
The preamp pubs are gonna be behind the screen underneath the dash storage bin aren’t they? Or are they in the glove box?
That pin out posted is from the mmi which is in the glove box.
Does that come out to the screen I can't recall

·
Registered
208 Posts
Thanks Singh.. that seems like it might be easier to access. I am not close to getting there yet. Still have some materials to gather.. but I will try it if I ever get there.

·
Learner
4,980 Posts
Thanks Singh.. that seems like it might be easier to access. I am not close to getting there yet. Still have some materials to gather.. but I will try it if I ever get there.
Getting to it is easy as, don't have to remove glove box or anything else, just slides out, just disconnect the orange cables first

·
Learner
4,980 Posts
101 - 111 of 111 Posts