Club Touareg Forum banner

81 - 100 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Thanks Singh. Good news that I will only have to tap from the one side. Will I need to remove the rear seat? Does the wire harness run underneath them? Trying to decide whether their is any point on using a MOST adapter to get a better signal or whether the speaker feeds provide a full range signal and solid connection. Dynaudio has not responded, as I asked them a few questions about the setup.
Jealous of the no adblue.. surprised y’all didn’t have that. Lucky.. moving to Australia!! ?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Oh and I meant to mention I am gonna mount a speaker in the cubby on the side. Bought a custom box from a guy on here. But will still need to find a place to squeeze the amp in the spare tire area. But there are not many options.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Bear in mind that when you guys talk about ”passenger side”, it means different things to Brobb and Singh... The Dynaudio amp is on the left side of the car :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hi Juha. I know that gets confusing. That’s why I specified left hand drive. But I thought I seen a guys car with the amp of the right hand side. So I was confused. So it’s behind the panel with the 12v and the remote rear seat releases? Or behind the panel that houses the 4 climate air or in the case of mine just a storage section?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Well that’s why I am so confused because andrew149 who posted all the pictures on here clearly shows his on the right hand side panel. Maybe it’s different for dynaudio vs. non Dynaudio. I don’t know.. but he opened up the left hand side and was told it was on the other side. Sure enough.. on the right. But everyone is saying it’s on the left.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Can someone recommend an amp with remote turn on so i dont need to tap an ignition wire? Looking for something small (150w or so). I'm planning to tap the front bass speakers after the factory amp.

I still need a line output converter to convert to RCA correct (after the factory amp)?

·
Registered
208 Posts
I really like JL Audio products. Probably what I will go with. Whether you need a converter or not depends on the amp. Some with actually take the speaker wires directly into the amp. Others are RCA only. You don’t have to have an RCA converter necessarily. You can actually just use a rca connector and tie the wires together. Not sure there is a sound benefit of one over the other. Do you have Dynaudio?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I really like JL Audio products. Probably what I will go with. Whether you need a converter or not depends on the amp. Some with actually take the speaker wires directly into the amp. Others are RCA only. You don’t have to have an RCA converter necessarily. You can actually just use a rca connector and tie the wires together. Not sure there is a sound benefit of one over the other. Do you have Dynaudio?
Yes, I have Dynaudio. So I don't necessarily need a line output converter? I can plug this directly into the amp powering the sub? Is remote turn on a common feature in modern amps?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Oh ok. I do as well. I am still trying to decode which side the amp us on as it seems conflicting on here. Been told left but seen pictures showing otherwise. But almost all modern amps have a remote gain feature to control the level. As for input. Some amps allow direct use speaker wires. Others only have the rca input. In that case you can use a converter or just splice the wires yourself into rca cables. You can but a single ended rca cable. Tbh.. I am not sure if you will notice any sound quality difference between the two.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Does anyone know what gauge the speaker wires are post amp in the dynaudio system? I am trying to decide what wire taps to buy. Thanks for any and all help.

·
Registered
665 Posts
14-16 gauge would be my guess.

·
Learner
4,980 Posts
Not very thick at all, sorry don't know the gauge sizes
I tapped them with a wire tap to feed the sub.

·
Registered
208 Posts
That’s what I thought. The taps I am wanting to use are sized 12 to 14 or 16 to 18. Hence my dilemma. I was thinking going 16 to 18 figuring a right fit on a 14 would be better.
Thanks Singh.. I knew you tapped in. I am planning on doing the same thing but slowly buying the components I need.

·
Learner
4,980 Posts
Slimline taps and some patience is all you need.
When popping the side panels be careful the clips can go flying

·
Registered
208 Posts
Thanks Singh. You are always helpful. You wouldn’t happen to know what kind of frequency range you are getting out of those speaker lines would you? I was wondering if the dynaudio amp is attenuated to delivered frequencies say down to 40hz to protect the smaller front speakers. Would be ashamed to not get a frequency down to start least 25hz.

·
Learner
4,980 Posts
Thanks Singh. You are always helpful. You wouldn’t happen to know what kind of frequency range you are getting out of those speaker lines would you? I was wondering if the dynaudio amp is attenuated to delivered frequencies say down to 40hz to protect the smaller front speakers. Would be ashamed to not get a frequency down to start least 25hz.
Hi mate,
See what you mean, and since it doesn't go that low it won't pickup the lowest of the frequencies, but still pretty good.
For perfection you'd have to tap into sub out, which does seem to exist behind the head unit....try testing that out

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hi there.. well it’s hard to say. I am really not sure how to test the frequencies on the wire tao. I wondered if you could tell while listening whether it is picking up the lower stuff. I would think they would send the full spectrum out and let the speakers play what they can. No harm in lost frequencies. But not sure. I actually wrote Dynaudio about this and they never responded. Does the Dynaudio amp have any adjustment knobs or crossover adjustments on it?

·
Learner
4,980 Posts
Jumping in here; I found the pinouts for the rear of the RNS850 showing pin 9&13 as the subwoofer connections. Does anyone know where to find pins for this connector?
View attachment 238303
That's what I was referring to, remove the mmi unit and the connector is on the back, worth tapping into and testing.

81 - 100 of 111 Posts