Club Touareg Forum banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Not really sure how that unit works but I'm assuming you will tap into the speaker harness coming out of the factory amp. Not a great way to do it and I suspect it might sound crappy. What amp are you using? You will need something with a low pass filter.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
MOST is the optical databus that VW uses to send digital signals to the amp and other devices on the in car entertainment network.

It is an optical connector. Not wires.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Not really sure how that unit works but I'm assuming you will tap into the speaker harness coming out of the factory amp. Not a great way to do it and I suspect it might sound crappy. What amp are you using? You will need something with a low pass filter.

I have a Mrx 550 with the high and low pass filter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
47 Posts
The amp is the guy one the lower right of the picture. You'll have the MOST signal coming in 2 orange cables and a harness with speaker wires coming out.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
You can’t tap the orange wires. You’ll cause yourself a headache repairing the optics.

They make a special adapter to grab the light signal and convert it to line outs.

·
Registered
104 Posts
You can’t tap the orange wires. You’ll cause yourself a headache repairing the optics.

They make a special adapter to grab the light signal and convert it to line outs.

So why can’t I tap into the output of the amp for the speakers that is a normal signal not optic? That’s what I’m not understanding

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yes that right. You want the outgoing signal via the speaker wires not the ingoing optical orange wires. I can't recall the speaker wires associated with the front and rear speakers, sorry.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
What is your goal? Better sound or more volume?

You can tap into the amplifier outputs but you are limited to whatever signal it’s outputting.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
There is someone on the forum who has done what you are trying. I just can’t remember who.

·
Learner
4,912 Posts

So why can’t I tap into the output of the amp for the speakers that is a normal signal not optic? That’s what I’m not understanding

You can, thats what i have done. As long as your amp takes high level

·
Registered
47 Posts
NTDI is absolutely correct, do not mess with the orange wires. It will take down every element of your MMI since that amp is technically the 'brains' of they system. There is a way to tap into the MOST but I suspect that is much more than what you are willing to tackle(and spend).

·
Registered
104 Posts
Anyone have a link to the most connector I would need? Wanna look into and see the benefits of what I just did.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
How did you get the rear seat out?

I’ve tried to unbolt them but couldn’t get to the bolts.

41 - 60 of 90 Posts