Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where the factory amplifier is for the Dynaudio system?

I pulled the interior panels at the right rear wheel well and found only the radio tuner connected via optic cable and power.

The plastic rack over the wheel well is populated with my trailer hitch bumper module and the emergency brake module. The second rack slightly aft of the wheel well is empty.

Is there any other place the amplifier could be? Perhaps under the passenger or driver seat next to the battery?

·
Registered
177 Posts
I am not sure why I’m thinking this....but aren’t the amps under the front passenger seat?

Give me an hour, I’ll drive over and help look. Am in Allentown. 🤪

·
Registered
504 Posts
Dynaudio amp is in the luggage compartment, rear left wheel well.

from the manual:
"The central element of the DynAudio sound system is an amplifier delivering 620 watts with surround control
(digital sound package control unit J525).
It is fitted in the luggage compartment near the left-hand wheel housing and has 10 output stages for connecting a
maximum of 12 loudspeakers. The amplifier communicates with the infotainment system via the MOST data bus."

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok I found it tucked almost against the outer sheet metal above the left (drive side in the US) rear fender.

There are three screws (torqx + 10mm hex head). Remove theses three and the tray slide out. Getting to everything isn't the easiest. There are a bunch of the pull fasteners that make you cringe when you use the pry tool. There is a screw at the top of the cargo shade track (almost near the ceiling) it is a torx. There is also a hidden torx at the hidden coat hanger holder. There are 2 plastic hex head push rivets (use an allen wrench to unscrew them and then pull the screw part from the base of the rivet. Then the rivet from the part).

One area that hung me up is the trim around the seat belt. Don't pry at the top, pry in the middle (half way up the door pillar) the Top has hook latches that require rotating the part out of the way to unhook. But you need to undo the bottom first.

Now for the amp pinout.... anyone?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The amp is this:

7P6035466

It has a nice long connector with a latch style mechanism (like many ECUs have). It also has what I think is a CAN + power connector and then the MOST two port optic fiber connector. Remove this carefully without breaking it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi,

I can't find the amp... I have a 2011 V8 TDI Exec with Dynaudio Confidence. It seems that behind the left rear panel, it's only HVAC stuff...

Or is the amp there somewhere?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Well done, keep going. Its behind that HVAC “stuff”!
Behind!?!...

Do I need to remove the HVAC alltogether? I guess I'll try to remove the panel now first. Perhaps even not damaging it... My nerves are not suited for this >:)

EDIT: I removed the HVAC unit, but there was no amp behind it...

I'm trying to find a speaker level output for my active sub. I guess it's easier to find a speaker cable somewhere...

·
Registered
100 Posts
HEUREKA!

As gazaflash said, the amp really is behind the HVAC. It's a really small component and I missed it first time...

However, it can not be accessed without removing the HVAC unit. Disconnecting it is a no-no as there is water lines etc involved. I followed the thick bundled cable from the amp to left side foot well (or sill or what it is called...). Now I have to remove the sill from the left hand side passenger door well. Are there any screws involved or do I just yank the plastic piece(s) off...?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I did it!

I stripped the bundle and took 4 wires apart:

red/black for left +
brown/black for left -
blue/black for right +
white/black for right -

Here is the bundle

And here is the first smoke... Tomorrow I'll put all together. My nerves do not allow me to continue today with the panels. I opened a can of beer instead. :laugh:

·
Learner
4,715 Posts
Hvac is tilted over to access the amp. The water line is connected from underneath after- all this is as per the manual.
I too am looking at doing this so I can tap into the wiring for a lineout to the sub I want to install 🙂

Where are you guys getting permanent positive from? Run a wire all the way to the battery or source it from the amp?
Its only a small hideaway i want to install

·
Learner
4,715 Posts
removing/accessing amp

btw, heres how to access the amp & how to reinstall the hvac, quite simply push it back into its location, tighten the three screws and then from underneath attach the drain pipe.

Attachments

·
Learner
4,715 Posts
I did it!

I stripped the bundle and took 4 wires apart:

red/black for left +
brown/black for left -
blue/black for right +
white/black for right -

correct, these are for the front bass speakers. so best to pick the lineout for the sub from either one of these pairs.

heres the pin out

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nice, thanks for the detailed comments Singh!

I took the + from the power outlet on the right side of the trunk panel. I swap cars every year, so I don’t bother to do everything properly...

I have to say that this budget tuning was worth every euro. The low bass is now enough, even too much, if not adjusted.

·
Learner
4,715 Posts
Nice, thanks for the detailed comments Singh!

I took the + from the power outlet on the right side of the trunk panel. I swap cars every year, so I don’t bother to do everything properly...

I have to say that this budget tuning was worth every euro. The low bass is now enough, even too much, if not adjusted.
Hi Juha,
Lucky you!
When you say power outlet are you referring to the cigarette lighter?
The dynaudio amp runs on a 30A fuse so want to use similar if possible.

As for the sub have you placed it in the wheel well under the spare tyre or just in the boot?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi Juha,
Lucky you!
When you say power outlet are you referring to the cigarette lighter?
The dynaudio amp runs on a 30A fuse so want to use similar if possible.

As for the sub have you placed it in the wheel well under the spare tyre or just in the boot?
Yep, the cigarrette lighter wires behind the panel. My active sub is only 100W, so I figured it can handle the load.

I don’t have any spare wheel, so there’s plenty space for a tiny sub in the well...

·
Learner
4,715 Posts
Sounds good to me, i am adding a small kicker hideaway, with similar wattage, to add low end bass otherwise the dynaudio sounds great.
And if the option is on stereo but not wide i almost dont feel the need for the sub, but then again i dont want to put the volume up high to get good bass so sub should compliment well.

Where did you exactly tap into the line from the dynaudio amp? From the sill somewhere?
Trying to eliminate panels I dont have remove for it 🙂

1 - 20 of 78 Posts