Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this on the way to work this AM when making right turn. It resets with each start but each right turn triggers this.

Is this a message for a faulty bulb?

Does the mechanism in there actually turn/bend for this function or is it just turning on that side light?

If it's the bulb...what bulb do I need?

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
If you have the bi-xenon hid's then that warning is for the H7 bulb that is mounted beside the turn signal. Simple to check turn on headlights and turn the wheel to the right and take a look. Search on how to remove the PIA headlight plug in order to remove the housing to change a bulb.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Felt that message on the MFD was a bit cryptic on the matter. COuld have easily just said the bulb was out!

These are the bi-xenon hids. Do they mechanically turn at all for the sweeping light fuction or is that all solved with those side lights coming on?

EDIT: I should add...I get they move for auto leveling (up/down) but was unsure for sweeping left and right. They appear too during the startup test but I never notice much on the road other then the side lights coming on from sharper turns.

·
Registered
147 Posts
They do also turn right to left with the steering wheel, if on high beam it is more noticeable than on dipped beam. The H7 cornering lights come one with low speed turning.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, guys...I'm going to need more help. I got that housing out in 2 minutes...easy as pie but the three covers on that inside don't access the bulb pertaining to turn the wheel. How does ones get to the back of that bulb...what else has to come out? None of the half dozen videos I found on YouTube address that one bulb location.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Carefully remove the silver control box in the middle two tabs top and bottom and should be able to see the back of the bulb holder and wires.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Carefully remove the silver control box in the middle two tabs top and bottom and should be able to see the back of the bulb holder and wires.
Thanks. I think if I"m looking correctly there is a black control box with 3 torx screws...and I see tabs top and bottom. I'll assume the torx stay in place?

EDIT: The silver box would be for the main light...not the side shooter. I just don't see the box solving the need. I added a photo to show what I'm seeing and where the bulb is sitting that I'm trying to get too. Why is this not so obviously me?!?! Red line is where the bulb is located.

Attachments

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK. Got that black box off the back and had access. Wow...what a typical Vw hassle of plastic and tabs! Had to turn the bulb assembly counter clockwise, pull out past 100 wires and then take two picks on two tabs to pull the light off the connector. That connector is quite a design.

I am always amazed from builder to builder the different in philosophy and VAG has me shaking my head more then any. So easy to get that housing out...although I did snap the lock on that one side light connector you have to take off too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts