Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2010 TDI last April and up until about 2 months ago the folding mirrors would fold anytime I turned the knob to the folding position. The only time they wouldn't do this was if the key was shutoff and a door was opened. They would only unfold when I turned the knob to any other position.

Recently, the mirrors would occasionally only fold if the knob is turned to fold, and the key was shut off and removed. When starting the car, the mirrors would unfold without touching the knob. So in other words, they act like auto-folding mirrors whenever the key is removed.

But the functionality seems to be intermittent between the two modes. The mirror switch works perfect otherwise. I can wiggle it around and it does not make any difference. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,171 Posts
Once the key is removed......and a door is then opened......no more activity for electrical accessories (windows/mirrors etc)

Reactions: BondiT2v6tdi

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
If the switch was left in the fold position when the ignition was turned off then the mirrors should stay folded in until the switch is turned to the unfold (right or left adjust) position. They shouldn't move if left in the fold-in position.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what I expect as normal function. But why are mine acting like auto-folding intermittently?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts