Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 09 T2 with air. A while back I went in and lowered using my vag com and everything went great. Then I went in and went to reset it to factory heights because I was gonna be driving a lot with the wife. I didn't get to complete the process but everything seemed to reset to factory settings. However, now my sport mode doesn't seem to work. I move the selector and no change. Though sometimes it will kick in to sport. Seems to happen if I leave the selector in sport and after a while it will kick in.

Went in tonight to try and make sure everything was set back to factory and even tried to lower it, but every time I get to channel 3 (left rear) it would come up invalid. Even using the factory settings. Tried rocking it back and forth like they say to and it would just flicker between invalid and valid. And I can't seem to get it to stay valid so I can save and save when I get to channel 5.

Any ideas as to what part might be wrong? Is it something I can try and reset or adjust myself? My initial thought is a senior gone bad. Or could it be the link is stuck or something? No fault codes appear to be showing but I can run a scan if anyone thinks it will help.

Thanks

·
Registered
805 Posts
That little roller switch is known to go bad (The Sport / Normal / Comfort one). It could be that the switch is on the fritz. Try cleaning it with some compressed air or contact cleaner.

No codes would generally mean it's something like that. It's interesting though that it won't communicate with one corner....

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A faulty switch was my initial thought too. However, when moving it to comfort it immediately switches, as well as going from comfort to auto. I would also think it the switch too if I wasn't seeing the flickering while in adaptation as I rock it back and forth.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just an update:

Maybe it was the switch. I blasted it with some compressed air. I also cycled through all the levels; load, off road, and extra and then returned to auto. Once it was settled I moved the switch to sport and it switched over right away.

I'm gonna test it again tomorrow and then take a look with the vag-com on Thursday.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Second Update:

Still no Sport mode. It was working well and then became intermittent. However, I was able to reset the height of my suspension. The issue with the left rear seems to have repaired itself. I think cycling through the various heights, may have unstuck whatever was causing the issue.

Any other suggestions besides the switch? I still don't have any codes in level control. Should I set up an appointment with the dealer now that I am back to stock ride height?

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
If there is salt on the roads in your area already/soon, then don't forget to carefully clean and grease the air suspension valves when they enter each of the two front struts.

This is a tip for anyone with air suspenders in regions where they salt the roads as these valves can corrode and snap.

Carefully clean them again in the spring and lard with grease again.

Repeat at the beginning of winter.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Second Update:

Still no Sport mode. It was working well and then became intermittent. However, I was able to reset the height of my suspension. The issue with the left rear seems to have repaired itself. I think cycling through the various heights, may have unstuck whatever was causing the issue.

Any other suggestions besides the switch? I still don't have any codes in level control. Should I set up an appointment with the dealer now that I am back to stock ride height?
In my experience with VCDS and changing ride height on the allroad suspension, the process is a bit wonky...you have to go through the complete process to the very end, or the new heights might not take. That will trigger a variety of weird errors.

If I were you, I would go through and reset the ride height again. Measure each corner and adjust to stock height. Make sure that you fully complete the process.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In my experience with VCDS and changing ride height on the allroad suspension, the process is a bit wonky...you have to go through the complete process to the very end, or the new heights might not take. That will trigger a variety of weird errors. If I were you, I would go through and reset the ride height again. Measure each corner and adjust to stock height. Make sure that you fully complete the process.
I did that. Ride height has been reset to factory and I have no codes when scanning.

The problem is intermittent. The height control works as it should and I can go through all heights. I only have a problem with selecting sport mode. Some days it works without fault and then I will switch back to auto and can't get back to sport.

Weird issue is that if I put the selector to sport and shut it off and leave it for a while or over night, then move the selector back to auto it will register as if it is coming out of sport but won't change height or anything.

I dropped it off at the dealer this morning since it is covered under CPO and will see what they say.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dealer didn't find anything. Of course it worked when they tried it. It's not throwing any codes so they really don't have anything to chase.

I'm gonna look for a switch and and replace it and see if that helps at all. Will update afterwards.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.