Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I don't know if my fan is having problems in our 2010 Touareg TDI but when you guys turn on the car in the morning or after it has been sitting for a few hours...does the main radiator fan start spinning?

My 04 Jetta TDI rad fan won't come on until a certain engine temperature but I've bee told that on the touaregs it should be alwasy on.

Can anybody check for me sometime in the morning?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Zagg...I've read the threads about the fan staying on after engine is off...I completely understand why it does that.

I am just wondering, with the engine cold in the morning...would the fan turn on. Even after driving for a bit, if it's not at the operating temps the fan in my opinion should no go on.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fan should`nt come on when cold I know it sounds weird but ive heard it can be a sign of battery about to die may need to test battery but also could be faulty temp sensor
Colin

For me, having a fan running right off the start seems wrong. From what I understand about engines(gas/diesel), they are more fuel efficient when they are at operating temperatures.

With that said, I cannot see why Volkswagen Engineers would want the diesel engine to be cooled when it is already cold...making it not as efficient as it should be.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think you guys are reading my thread wrong since I probably wasn't clear enough. My rad fan doesn't come on....well when I fired up the touareg about 2 weeks back in the shop, it reached the middle idle temp and they weren't on. I just figured something was wrong but when I think about it, they should be that way.

I am glad this feedback from you guys assured me nothing is wrong with the rad fan :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.