Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this set up 2 months ago for my T2 which has been bought back by the dealer. I am working on getting a demo video made so you can see how the Multimedia adapter works.

The adapter allows you to have Aux Video/Audio and a rear camera hooked up and automatically swapped. Also included is an aftermarket rear camera that replaces one of your rear plate lights, but has a build in BRIGHT LED light for your plate!

The RNS-2 is in good working order. It is refurbished, not brand new. The unit functions perfectly, and is nearly mint cosmetically. However on a rare occasion the illumination lights (buttons) stay very dimly lit for 20 seconds after power down. This is rare and extremely minor, but want to make sure you are aware.

Also included is a North American 2B Nav disk. However as this is a euro unit, address input is not possible. You can select a POI or a point on the map. The American units do not allow for video inputs, which is why I opted for the Euro version. Video in motion is also enabled allowing you to drive and have passengers watch video from your aux input.

I spent $500 on the unit itself and an additional $250 getting the adapters and camera. My loss is your gain on this one.

Will ship (included for US, additional for international) via USPS Priority insured.

Let me know if you are interested via PM or email at terrywood02 at me dot com. I will shoot you a link to the video once it is prepped (if I can make it without a Touareg!)

Additional photos will be put up tomorrow!

Package includes:
RNS-2 DVD Navi
2B nav DVD
Multimedia Input Device
Rear Camera
GPS Antenna
Radio Code

Attachments

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Video is up! Let me know if it works OK. It is HD so slow connections may suffer a bit.
Video at MobileMe

As you can see all of the functions of the multimedia system and navi work perfectly!

The connections are pretty easy.

A. Navi plugs in like normal
B. Red and Brown on Adapter go to switched 12 and ground
C. Blue wire from adapter goes to Back Up Lamp +
D. Red from Camera goes to Back Up Lamp +
E. Red and Black from LED go to plate light + and -
F. Camera Video goes to Camera IN on Multimedia Adapter

Should be about a 3 hour install if you take your time and carefully run the video and Back Up lamp wire to the front.

I also took some more pictures of the unit and what is included. Sadly I don't have directions, but all of the wires are labelled and there are some DIYs out there.

Looking to get this unit gone ASAP as I need to get money together to start paying for my new Golf. (Look at my username for a sob story about why my T'reg went away)

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey,

I just purchased an 04 v8 with nav, a little new to the vw scene, do you know if this would work in an 04?

Thanks

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't believe it will. In 2008 VW moved to a new version of canbus, which is the cars communication network. This unit is made for canbus 2.0, which you predate.

Sorry!

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Terrywood, I appreciate this is off topic, but could you elaborate on using a junk paypal account to avoid fraud. If you wish, send message to my online touareg account.
thanks

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Terrywood, I appreciate this is off topic, but could you elaborate on using a junk paypal account to avoid fraud. If you wish, send message to my online touareg account.
thanks
It's pretty common actually. I signed up for a USAA account about a two years ago and threw a $5 in to keep it open. This is a freebee checking account and has no personal information available directly through the website beyond address. I then linked this to my PayPal account as the only bank account listed. I signed up for a PayPal debit card as well. So, if someone gets access to my PayPal, nothing is linked to my personal banking account or credit cards and there is never any money in PayPal as I instantly pull any payments out from an ATM! If I need to make a purchase with my PayPal account, I simply transfer money from my checking account held elsewhere into my USAA account instantly and have PayPal withdraw the funds. Pretty roundabout but very safe.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh, Nav setup is still available. Will someone please buy this? You will be paying for Revo Stage 1 on my TDI Golf.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Terrywood02, thanks for the useful information. Also, only after Volkswagendude provided you a caution was I able to see what raised his concern.

Do wish you success with this sale.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Down to $300. That is the cost of the adapter, rear camera, and shipping.

Buy a multimedia adapter and rear camera for $300- Get a FREE RNS2 DVD navigation system!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts