Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
We bought a 2017 Wolfsberg this spring and I am starting to think about winter wheels and tires. I know that tirerack offers 18" packages for this vehicle. I have also checked into some refurb OEM 18 T1 wheels on ebay. Their compatibility tool is saying that those wheels will not work on my car. My theory is that the tool only checks against factory wheel sizes for a given year. Can I use OEM 18 inch wheels from a T1?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Get a few more responses before purchasing but my understanding was that except for the 5 cylinder (not sold in North America) all Touareg models used the same wheels and they would interchange.

That leaves you with 17" to 21" tires (don't think we had a factory 22" did we?)

Once you get to that point, the V10 and R50 used bigger brakes, so that only the 18" and above would correctly fit on those two models. The V10 was available in North America. The R50 was never sold in North America.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 2016 TDI LUX and did the same. I found a complete set of new OEM VW 17" Canyon wheels on ebay and purchased Bridgestone Blizzaks DM-V2 for winter use. Overall, I think they should work out fine. What I liked about this combination is the wheels and tires are not the expensive. I think I have $400 into the wheels, $350 for the tires (Discount Tire Direct Labor Day sale), and $100 to mount and balance all four. Just replacing the 19" summer tires will likely cost approx. $1250 and that is just for the tires.

Attachments

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
All Touareg wheels fit all Touaregs except, as above, 17s do not fit on the V10 and the 5 cylinder R5 wheels are 120PCD whilst all other models use 130 PCD.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. I think that I will grab a set of 18's to provide a bit of pot hole protection and save some money on tires.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Sensible, cost effective choice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts