Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have V8 service kits in stock, ready to install. Service includes a full vehicle inspection and VAG-COM full scan.

PRICE: $400.00 Labor/$380.00 + tax for parts.

PARTS REPLACED: Timing belt, water pump, all tensioners including HYDRAULIC, serpentine belt, fresh coolant.

GRAND TOTAL: $807.55 TAX INCLUDED

J'S REPAIR AND PERFORMANCE, YOUR CONFIDENCE IN QUALITY!

·
Banned
7,167 Posts

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thermostat is an extra hour of labor ($65.00) plus thermostat/housing if necessary. I usually discount the extra service to people actually willing to have it done. cheap insurance.

And the dealer might include it, but for the extra $600-800 you are paying the dealer... It had BEST come with a new thermostat/housing... Lol

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
May I suggest you reprice to ALWAYS include the thermostat?

This is best practice and, as you put it, insurance for the customer and will protect your reputation too.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only reason I left it out is because I have had several customers choose NOT to replace the thermostat (even after offering to do it nearly free of labor). WHY a customer would choose to do so I have no idea but i am sure they have their reasons.

Plus the book time on the thermostat AND housing pays 4 hours of labor. And our sale timing service put you at about $50.00/hr. Would it help if I included as separate price if someone wishes to include the thermostat?

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
From a business point of view I think you may be leaving yourself wide open to the kind of ****ty customer who was offered the fully monty, but then cheapskated and turned the stat down, but then has the old stat go phut and tries to get you to replace it FOC having completely and conveniently forgotten THEY made the wrong decision themselves.

Then they go and bad mouth you around the area.

It's tricky but I would think long and hard about saying THIS [belt, pump, stat] is the way we do it - take it or leave it.

·
Registered
561 Posts
i did that mistake to not to change the thermostat last year and i re did the thermostat + timing again after 20K miles. i think for V8, thermostat is a cheap insurance to change when you remove the belt. It is 3 bolts away when you took the belt off

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
You are 100% correct however all denied services are properly noted and signed on both copies of the work order.
Very sensible - you clearly know your stuff [and customers!].

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This timing service rate has allowed SEVERAL of our customers the ability to be ACTIVE regarding what interval the service is done. In other words I have already had TWO customers get their service done 10k AHEAD of schedule! I know keep TWO complete kits in stock at all times!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Deal still going on? Can you pm a quote for complete timing belt with thermostat sevice plus I need passenger side seat airbag sensor replaced and one of the camshaft sensors replaced.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts