Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
T1 V8 intake manifold repair, vacuum hose repair, cleaning MAF. DIY

hi touareg lovers, finally had time to do some repairs. some things to share if someone will have same problem, ill be glad to help.
few month now fuel consumption was really beyond any acceptable numbers but weirdly CEL only came up once, so i hooked my VCDS and scanned, i got P0171 and P0174, so both banks were too lean, i carried on testing to narrow down and make sure it was vacuum problem and not something else, i found few vacuum hoses split open so i changed all of them :)
then i decided to take care of intake actuators, as most of you know touaregs have very clever variable 3 staged intake system,
in my case top actuator flap was stuck and the bottom one was hardly moving, so i took it apart, sadly i discovered that top one was broken, i dont know how or why but the rest of the plastic was also very brittle and it fell apart while i was trying to take it off, so now i had to take whole intake off and change the top variable flap completely, got the used part really cheap so not to worry, :) i took me 2 days to take everything off give it deep clean, swap the parts, reassemble the manifold and put it back on and start it up, i also cleaned the throttle body and MAF sensors :) if any member will need any detailed info about anything involved im happy to help, ill put lot of photos so they speak for themselves :) Untitledfrf.png

Untitled.png

IMG_4855.jpg

IMG_4857.jpg

IMG_4858.jpg

IMG_4860.jpg

IMG_4859.jpg

·
Super Moderator
3,812 Posts
Nice work. Makes a really good "Howto".

Stuart..

·
Registered
18 Posts
thanks heaps for all the photos I had the same problem with the little vacuum plastic arm breaking, I went to the local bearing supplier and we made up a little steel arm the clips on both sides $15 for the two, Is your fuel consumption around town or open Road??

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you, Yes this is city and highway combined, It was early morning so it was easy to maintain constant speed, but mostly im now getting around 17-18 liters per 100 kilometers

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
7 Participants
FSJ Guy
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing