Club Touareg Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes. You can swap sensors to test. They are interchangeable if the wire length allows it.. Bank 1 sensor 1 and bank 2 sensor 1 I mean.
And be careful when buying.. B1 s1 and b1 s2 are different types of sensors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for quick reply. I will go with Bosch, in Australia they come as per the attached photo. Which one would be the one I need? Post or pre catalyctic converter? Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
You need an upstream sensor. I suggest you swap to test before buying. You need a special socket too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
You need an upstream sensor. I suggest you swap to test before buying. You need a special socket too.

What do "post" and "pre" catalyctic converter refer to? Which one would be upstream ( post cat or pre cat sensor)? Thanks

·
Registered
219 Posts
What do "post" and "pre" catalyctic converter refer to? Which one would be upstream ( post cat or pre cat sensor)? Thanks
Ok: the bank refers to the cylinder row, as you probably now
As to sensor 1 (upstream) or sensor2 (downstream) refers to the sensor before (1, upstream) the catalytic convertor and vice versa
So the first sensor you see, starting from the outlet manifold port and down is 1 or upstream

·
Registered
219 Posts

How is that Treg doing Pat?

Daily driver :love:
Still lots of details te be done, but i can count on her now!
Looking to move to a big garage with a small house this year :giggle:

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Nice. Once you start knowing it and fixing it it’s a sold car. Mine is here to stay until it goes EV some day

·
Registered
219 Posts
Nice. Once you start knowing it and fixing it it’s a sold car. Mine is here to stay until it goes EV some day

I will be burried in it :ROFLMAO:
Would be a nice project, making it EV, hydrogen fueled or compressed air driven!
Compressed air driven engine

21 - 28 of 28 Posts