Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s up guys ! So I have been searching for a few days trying to find some off-road upgrades for my new(to me) 05’ Touareg. The aftermarket support for these things is almost non existent BUT I was able to find a website that does a full underbody skid plate kit for the T1 Touareg !!! May be old news to some but figured I would repost it to make it easier to find . Will be purchasing very soon for my new rig. Really wanna get this thing out in the woods !!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

got her for under 1000 , running solid. Tune up & other preventative maintenance coming up . Got the 4.2. Air suspension & diff locks

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Key item for you on your Colorado Red V8 is the timing belt.

These must be changed every 80,000 miles or 5 years, whichever comes first, along with the tensioners, water pump and thermostat. If the belt snaps the engine is toast as a number of folk have discovered.

Read this thread for the other common issues - it may save you money at some stage:

And it looks like the roof bars are mounted the wrong way round! If you haven't got the bars' keys then the key number is stamped on the face of the lock and you can buy them.online from Thule.

·
Registered
2006 T-reg v8
27 Posts
What’s up guys ! So I have been searching for a few days trying to find some off-road upgrades for my new(to me) 05’ Touareg. The aftermarket support for these things is almost non existent BUT I was able to find a website that does a full underbody skid plate kit for the T1 Touareg !!! May be old news to some but figured I would repost it to make it easier to find . Will be purchasing very soon for my new rig. Really wanna get this thing out in the woods !!
Celliicell if are wanting to upgrade to some offroad stuff check out Eurowise and Forge motorsports overland. They have a good amount for the T1 and added more daily.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts