Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know the shell weight of a t1 touareg. By shell I mean nothing but body panels and wheels. No interior, engine transmission, drive shaft, suspension, etc.

Haven't been able to find it and this forum doesn't really give you any options to ask the question.

.... So before an admin decides to delete it. Tell me where I'm suppose to put it or let the question be answered first...

Thanks

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Don't ever remember anyone asking that question before on here or elsewhere.

Someone on here is building an off-road special using a Touareg shell . . .

·
Registered
20,430 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sure that guy could prob answer the question if it's a complete gut and he hasn't starting to build yet. Unfortunately none of the links from this site are working for me. Or any other similar forum in this format for that matter.

I figured the question had never been asked when I couldn't find anything remotely hinting too it on google.

Also don't see how this post falls under general maintenance and repair but what do I know....

·
Registered
734 Posts
Inquiring minds want to know...what are you up to?

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
I'm sure that guy could prob answer the question if it's a complete gut and he hasn't starting to build yet. Unfortunately none of the links from this site are working for me. Or any other similar forum in this format for that matter.

I figured the question had never been asked when I couldn't find anything remotely hinting too it on google.

Also don't see how this post falls under general maintenance and repair but what do I know....
Links should be fine - certainly from a proper PC/laptop.

·
Premium Member
4,833 Posts
It was moved to this forum because this is probably the closest place it fits. It didn't belong in the: Touareg DIY and Technical Info - DO NOT POST NEW THREADS ASKING QUESTIONS

Because of this: http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f73/diy-forum-guidelines-read-before-posting-do-not-post-questions-in-this-forum-15585.html

This forum is for detailed instructions on how to perform various modifications/maintainence items.

It is NOT the place to request instructions or any other information.

If any user feels that a thread in another section of this website should be a part of the DIY forum send a moderator or admin a PM recommending said thread be moved along with a link to that thread.
If everyone asked questions in that forum, it would make it much harder to find the DIY instructions and technical info that is presented there.

As to the answer to your specific question, I think the only people who might know are engineers at VW. Or perhaps a builder such as noobytoogy has mentioned.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was moved to this forum because this is probably the closest place it fits. It didn't belong in the: Touareg DIY and Technical Info - DO NOT POST NEW THREADS ASKING QUESTIONS

Because of this: http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f73/diy-forum-guidelines-read-before-posting-do-not-post-questions-in-this-forum-15585.html

If everyone asked questions in that forum, it would make it much harder to find the DIY instructions and technical info that is presented there.

As to the answer to your specific question, I think the only people who might know are engineers at VW. Or perhaps a builder such as noobytoogy has mentioned.
I do agree with you on all the questions being asked making the diy a cluster. My reasoning for putting it there was if someone knew the answer I figured it's now technical info.

I think a general forum should be created. Would have made placing this type of question.

Maybe I can find someone doing a part out with access to a scale

1 - 8 of 8 Posts