Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 VW Touareg V6 / 2009 Audi Q5 / 2010 Ford Transit Connect (Mobile Detail Van)
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone out there with a T1 applied a chrome or brushed aluminum look vinyl wrap to the front bumper to sort of join the upper and lower grilles in a way that resembles a T2 front end? I have a mock up on a T1 I found online that I liked the angle for my needs to edit but it is not my vehicle. Anyway, it should give you an idea of what I am asking. I am not a great person to work with vinyl but to have someone wrap the front bumper this way in my opinion looks great! The only thing noticeably different to me are the headlights! Thoughts? Pictures? Thanks? LOL

PIC FOR CLICKS

·
Registered
2006 VW Touareg V6 / 2009 Audi Q5 / 2010 Ford Transit Connect (Mobile Detail Van)
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is another mockup I did at a normal angle, looks amazing! Despite my awful paint edits LOL (Again, not my vehicle)

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I’m a pure T1 look guy. I had this T2 look wrap on mine on when I bought it but removed it. You can do a chrome wrap easy. If you don’t like it just strip it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’m a pure T1 look guy. I had this T2 look wrap on mine on when I bought it but removed it. You can do a chrome wrap easy. If you don’t like it just strip it off.

Any pictures of how it turned out for you?

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Didn’t keep pics of when I had the wrap. I removed it when I bought the Treg and resprayed both bumper.

·
Registered
04 V8 T1
1,377 Posts
Did you ever think of swapping the bumper for the hofele front end? It was something I always wanted to do to. mine but never got around to doing it

·
Registered
04 V8 T1
1,377 Posts
Here are some pics of the Hofele front Bumper and grille. I think this is the look you're going for. These are real cars not renderings

Automotive parking light Car Tire Vehicle registration plate Vehicle
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle
Wheel Tire Sky Cloud Automotive side marker light

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Those first 2 look great but the bottom is wayyyy too aggressive for my taste. I am sure some vinyl would cost SUBSTANTIALLY less than those bumpers though but I would love to swap bumpers, obviously for fit and finish reasons. Thanks for the input though (y)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts