Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone attempted to run a phone charge cable (ie. Lighting or MicroUSB) into the cupholder section of the armrest? There's no way either I or my wife will ever need to use the bladder buster sized cupholder in the center and this seems like a really convenient place to put a phone as it will accept all sizes up to an iPhone 8 Plus. I've thought about putting it into the dash storage bin but the 8 Plus doesn't fit there very well :(

·
Registered
27 Posts
Has anyone attempted to run a phone charge cable (ie. Lighting or MicroUSB) into the cupholder section of the armrest? There's no way either I or my wife will ever need to use the bladder buster sized cupholder in the center and this seems like a really convenient place to put a phone as it will accept all sizes up to an iPhone 8 Plus. I've thought about putting it into the dash storage bin but the 8 Plus doesn't fit there very well :(

I just pulled mine apart today to put a new armrest in.
A word of caution, don't try to force anything out or apart.
Pry the light out of the armrest storage and unplug it. All of the console pieces, the wood grain, come out fairly easily. The sliding cover ashtray will basically slide out after you have everything else out including the plastic that the cup holders and power outlet is out.
Just take your time reminding thing's, unplug things carefully, you'll get it apart and back together in no time.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
It was deleted I the Facelift (T2). Along with many other things.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I went with this and put it in the place of the charging port.
Have it connected to a pioneer head unit for use with android auto.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts