Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those 3L V6 Tdi owners who have or get the dreaded out of range manifold flap fault or a variant of that i now have an easy permenent fix available. It only requires about 15 mins to fit to both manifolds with 2 steel brackets i make and completely eliminates the fault and prevents it from ever reappearing. It can also be used if you dont have the fault and will assure you don't get it ever. For those with the fault due to the swirl flaps being faulty fitting the brackets will stop all faults. Use of these will negate the expensive need for both manifolds to be removed and replaced or rebuilt. These are available for $120 shipping included to anywhere in Australia.

Regards
Drag

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As additional information the brackets are a far better alternative to the diesel geek beautifully machined aluminum units that only provide control of the arms in one direction (mine do both directions) and as a kicker cost about $80 Aud less and fit the 3L Tdi BKS (165kw) eng in the T1 which the diesel geek units do not fit correctly

Regards
Drag

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Sounds like a damned good idea for any Tdi owner to get a pair!

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
*Dragline 1570

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

No sorry mate not to say i couldn't just i don't know enough as how the system works on a V8 to do anything.

Hell i have never even looked under the hood of a V8 Touareg.

regards
Drag

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey Drag ... do you still have 'em ?

Any qualification needed about models/years/ etc ... or are all T1 & T2 TDI's 3.0L covered ?

Cheers

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Drag ... do you still have 'em ?

Any qualification needed about models/years/ etc ... or are all T1 & T2 TDI's 3.0L covered ?

Cheers

Yea still have 2 sets left

That's the beauty of these vs the diesel geek mine fit both T1 & T2 V6 tdi and control in both directions of travel.

The diesel geek units only control in one direction and only fit the T2 CASA eng's

PM me if you want a set $120 incl shipping and instructions only 20 mins max on a cold eng to fit.

Regards
Drag

·
Registered
420 Posts
Fitted my kit.

As Drag said, only 20 mins max on a cold engine to fit.
So far so good.
Jim

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fitted my kit.

As Drag said, only 20 mins max on a cold engine to fit.
So far so good.
Jim

Thats good news Jim glad to hear they wooked as i said they do.

I thought you said you had an issue with one of the manifold motors?

regards
Drag

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
Beyond Diesel Geek

Hi Folks,

Thanks again to Drag aka Dragline 1570. I have just replaced my Diesel Geek CASA Inlet Manifold limit stop with Drags recommended alternative. Although the "Diesel Geek" product was an excellent piece of machining and created a fixed stop for the manifold actuators it only did this in the full open position ( the at rest engine off position). The travel limit ( full open position) relied, as VW does, upon the link arms and butterfly valves in the manifold. Not a perfect solution from how I understand this mechanism to work.

The replacement product is made from pressed plate steel, as compared with the "Diesel Geek" product being machined alloy, It also affixes in a slightly different manner utilising the stepper motor ( actuator) mounting screws, but the opposite ones to the DG product. Personally I would have preferred the "Diesel Geek" units if they had provided both limits, as I feel the machining is excellent.

I have included some photos to show how it mounts and the different designs.

Hope this is helpfull to somebody.

Kind Regards

Stuart..............

Attachments

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Stuart
I am glad you are happy with the units i supply.
You will now never have the dreaded limit stop fault again.

Just waiting on more positive feedback from another member i sold a set to

Regards
Drag

Hi Folks,

Thanks again to Drag aka Dragline 1570. I have just replaced my Diesel Geek CASA Inlet Manifold limit stop with Drags recommended alternative. Although the "Diesel Geek" product was an excellent piece of machining and created a fixed stop for the manifold actuators it only did this in the full open position ( the at rest engine off position). The travel limit ( full open position) relied, as VW does, upon the link arms and butterfly valves in the manifold. Not a perfect solution from how I understand this mechanism to work.

The replacement product is made from pressed plate steel, as compared with the "Diesel Geek" product being machined alloy, It also affixes in a slightly different manner utilising the stepper motor ( actuator) mounting screws, but the opposite ones to the DG product. Personally I would have preferred the "Diesel Geek" units if they had provided both limits, as I feel the machining is excellent.

I have included some photos to show how it mounts and the different designs.

Hope this is helpfull to somebody.

Kind Regards

Stuart..............

1 - 15 of 15 Posts