Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to get the height spot on? After it moves around height wise it always is off a couple a cm or two. Is that a sign of a failing bag, or is it a sensor? Or possibly just worn bushings, that I'm slowly getting all replaced.

Sorry, still learning about this 06 v10.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Can you explain more what's happening? Treg always triggers suspension leveling when the ground is not flat for example. And it will appear like it's sitting lower on front than the rear for exampe. You can also do suspension level calibration via vcds if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, yes I've been adjusting it with VCDS. And yes, the rear is higher as the instructions say it should be, I'm only concerned with left to right across the axles.

After adjusting it the first time the fronts were very close to the same, but the right rear was about 1 cm lower than the left rear. A few days later I put it into xtra mode to change the oil, but it failed to achieve that and only the front right then deflated (from what I could tell the air was moving though the vent hose, not at the air spring itself on that corner only).

After I started it back up I put it back into auto height, it re-inflated the right front but again came up a little short on the right side (right front more than back). I re-calibrated it again and the fronts again are nearly identical but again the right rear is lower than the left rear by about 1 cm.

At this point I'm leaving it as is for our road trip next week as it seems to be stable and reasonably close. I am concerned however by whatever is happening with the xtra mode setting. I'm not sure if that is a sensor issue or what, or how to diagnose that (such as watching some channels in real time for an XX max value from the sensor).

Thanks,
Bryan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
hallkbrdz
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing