Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Search function seems broken for me, so here goes.

2005 V6 with basic radio - no nav. - The one where the buttons peel off :nerd:

Two odd things happen:

1. When you unlock the car and open the drivers door there is a loud pop from a speaker - don't know which one
2. When the engine is shut off and key removed, something will cause the, or a, speaker to pop every minute of so for 5-6 minutes. Normally you have walked away from the car so aren't aware of it happening, but if your happemn to be left in teh car while the driver goes into the store it can be quite un-nerving.

#2 could be a dodgy capacitor somewhere discharging, but that wouldn't apply to #1.

Any thoughts?

Is there a separate amp? and if so, where is it located?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Does it act the same if you do/don't use the radio?

I don't have that radio but if your car has been in the south all this time I'd vote for a capacitor. I have an 80's vintage Kenwood RZ-1 that saw a bit of heat back in the day. Should have re-capped it years ago so maybe that will work for yours.

Good luck!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does the same if the radio is turned off.

That is why I ask about a separate amp.

I also haven't tried it with the fuse pulled for the radio which may be different that just switching it off.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It does the same if the radio is turned off. That is why I ask about a separate amp. I also haven't tried it with the fuse pulled for the radio which may be different that just switching it off.
I believe the amp, in the back, has a separate power source that isn't the radio. I have not been able to dig into it deeper, but on my '06 V8, only the center channel and rear speakers work and both front doors (6 speakers) do not.

I have not had time to remove the rear quarter panel and do pin-out tests, but I do know there are two 23+ pin connectors on my amp (11 speaker system).

I have attached the PDFs of the two multi-pin connectors (A&B) that may or may not be the same on your amp.

there can be an internal failure on you amp, or like you mentioned, a capacitor is going/gone bad.

Good luck.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts