Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i think that one of my speakers is going bad when a tune has a lot of base i can hear a crackle, is there a way of finding which one, also if i turn the volume up wile playing a CD the sound cuts out for a second and if i turn it down its ok. thanks for any input vaughan.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi. Do you know if it is in the front or the back? The best way I can think of to find the bad speaker is to use your fader and balance controls.

Play the same CD that brings about the crackle in the speaker.

First, fade the sound all the way to the front, then use the balance to go full left...then go full right. It may take a few full left/right/left/right to get the speaker to do its thing, but this should isolate it.

Repeat the process for the Rear; fade full rear, then use the balance and go full left then full right.

Once your bad speaker is located, you should only have to remove that one panel...but, if you are going to replace a speaker, you might as well replace its twin in the other door.

As far as the sound cutting out, it could be a short of some kind (in that door), clipping, thermal cutout, or even maybe the CD skipping due to extra bass or vibrations. Tough to say without being there or knowing what all of the conditions are that cause the cutout.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts