Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find a good thread on this - mine has been apart a few weeks and I will be figuring it out this weekend in the lovely 0F temps here in Alaska.

:D

I smile because at least I got the wiring problem solved that had me tearing into everything.

Pic of a file that shows a basic "how to remove" but no great "here's the arms, the washers, the nuts, and how they stack up" - which is what I need.

When I figure it out hopefully I can put up a pic that states clearly the stacking order of the various bits. I'm worried I am missing a washer or something to hold the taper (3) high enough on the shaft where the arm (2) can be pushed into it properly enough for the teeth on the taper to "bite".

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found my problem - part of the arm at (3) in the drawing had a plastic-washer-holder-thing fall out - and after sitting a few weeks I had no clue that it had resided up IN the underside of the arm. I took time to figure it out - the other side, thought different, was still there, and gave me the clue I needed to put it back.
Pics.

The hex-washer doo-hickey made sense when I looked at all this:

So it all goes like this:

Of course I got it all installed and I think I have it not quite adjusted correctly - when "parked"/off they don't quite sit all the way down at the bottom but I'm not messing with it for now.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Well done.

Hope you have put some copper / anti-seize grease in there as normally the wiper arms are a buggaroota to remove.

And do lubricate the pantograph whilst you are at it too.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Thanks deepmud, these pictures are great. I needed confirmation on how the parts goes back together. It’s a bit confusing because the two sides are different and wasn’t sure if I lost a washer during the struggle to pull it off. I am busy with the alarm horn replacement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts