Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys - wondering if anyone has had this issue or can advise what I should do to troubleshoot. (I've searched and can't find this particular problem). I've got two fault codes under both the Left Light and Right Light controllers, and an orange dash light that keeps beeping "CHECK HEADL. RANGE CONTROL":

Here's the errors in VCDS:

Address 29: Left Light Labels: 3D0-909-157.lbl
Part No: 3D0 909 157
Component: EVG GDL+AutoLWR(l) 0001
Coding: 0000002
Shop #: WSC 31414 000 00000
VCID: 66C980E8525C667253-5124

2 Faults Found:
00774 - Level Control System Sensor; Rear Left (G76)
008 - Implausible Signal - MIL ON
00776 - Level Control System Sensor; Left Front (G78 )
Address 39: Right Light Labels: 3D0-909-158.lbl
Part No: 3D0 909 158
Component: EVG GDL+AutoLWR(r) 0001
Coding: 0000002
Shop #: WSC 31414 000 00000
VCID: 67D78DEC55567F7A68-5140

2 Faults Found:
00774 - Level Control System Sensor; Rear Left (G76)
00776 - Level Control System Sensor; Left Front (G78 )
It just started happening on a road trip I just went on. The error sometimes goes away but then comes back on its own, beeping each time. It seems to come back at totally random times while driving, the *beep* is quite annoying.

Here's the weird part - with the car in the 'on' position but not started, I cleared the codes with vagcom and they BOTH came back, RIGHT AWAY. This happened on both right & left lights. If it was an intermittent issue with the level sensors, I would think that the error code wouldn't come back until the next time I started the car at least.

Anybody know what might be going on to cause this issue? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the motors didn't seem to be working so I pulled the headlights to have a look. I found that there was salt/sand deposits clogging the plastic leveling gears on the outside of the headlight housing at the back. I guess that's what happens when you average 140 km/h on a winter highway for 5 hours. I tried cleaning them out and adjusting via the manual leveling allen key, spraying a bit of brake clean in there carefully. I seem to have freed up the left one but not the right, I broke off one of the holders for the manual leveling screws on the right light. I might have to take it out again and really clean off all the gears I can see.

I tried the 'Basic Setting' adjustment per Rosstech here: Ross-Tech: VAG-COM: Xenon Headlamp Adjustment

Getting different errors in VCDS now. One for the left front level sensor and one that says 'headlight not adjusted'.

I'll update when I resolve this :censored:

Cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well the motors didn't seem to be working so I pulled the headlights to have a look. I found that there was salt/sand deposits clogging the plastic leveling gears on the outside of the headlight housing at the back. I guess that's what happens when you average 140 km/h on a winter highway for 5 hours. I tried cleaning them out and adjusting via the manual leveling allen key, spraying a bit of brake clean in there carefully. I seem to have freed up the left one but not the right, I broke off one of the holders for the manual leveling screws on the right light. I might have to take it out again and really clean off all the gears I can see.

I tried the 'Basic Setting' adjustment per Rosstech here: Ross-Tech: VAG-COM: Xenon Headlamp Adjustment

Getting different errors in VCDS now. One for the left front level sensor and one that says 'headlight not adjusted'.

I'll update when I resolve this :censored:

Cheers
Did you ever figure out a fix for this? I replace both sensors and still get the same fault codes and also says headlight not adjusted.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you ever figure out a fix for this? I replace both sensors and still get the same fault codes and also says headlight not adjusted.
No not yet, I replaced the RH headlight and still getting the error. I just bought new connectors & wiring for both front & rear headlight level sensors, I'm going to replace those parts as my next step (there was some corrosion in the connectors). Hopefully won't have to replace the actual sensors but we'll see.

My next step will probably be checking the wiring & connectors behind the actual headlights...?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts