Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i have just fitted new bushes to my front lower control arms on my 04 V10 with air, i fitted powerflex PFF85-1601,PFF85-1702, inner pivot bushes and URO parts URO-010178 bushes where the strut mounts to the arm. It took about 4 hrs had to make a sleeve to push out the old ones.Well on the drive home the steering was so much more responsive and direct i had to use less steering input to negotiate tight corners, very happy and no negatives so far. I have also fitted cayenne turbo sway bars lowered the ride hight and fitted 30mm wheel spacers in the front and 40mm in the rear, it handles really good:

·
Learner
4,660 Posts
Hi all, i have just fitted new bushes to my front lower control arms on my 04 V10 with air, i fitted powerflex PFF85-1601,PFF85-1702, inner pivot bushes and URO parts URO-010178 bushes where the strut mounts to the arm. It took about 4 hrs had to make a sleeve to push out the old ones.Well on the drive home the steering was so much more responsive and direct i had to use less steering input to negotiate tight corners, very happy and no negatives so far. I have also fitted cayenne turbo sway bars lowered the ride hight and fitted 30mm wheel spacers in the front and 40mm in the rear, it handles really good:
Great stuff, did you take any pics ? Where did you get these parts from?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Pics and links please :)
I'm too in the process of refreshing the suspension parts and I also have a stiff steering issue.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Yep did that.
I'm going for a complete arm replacement but I'd like to have your feedback on the steering later on.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep did that.
I'm going for a complete arm replacement but I'd like to have your feedback on the steering later on.
I am getting a wheel alignment today and on the weekend i have to pick up a 4X4 nissan with a heavy car trailer the return trip is 900km, i will let you know haw it handles.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The trip was extended to 1100 km and the steering was a pleasure to drive so much better response, on some potholes there is a firmer jolt but not that noticeable even so a small price to pay for the increase in driving pleasure.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Thanks for the update. I'm doing the lower arms next month. I will check to see if I need to do the upper ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts