Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have a 2004 T1 with air suspension and i have fitted adjustable links from the upper control arm and the height sensors so i can run lower ride height, the problem i have is that the right hand front is 10mm lower than the left front and when you adjust one side it changes both sides. I refitted the stock links and it is still 10mm out,is there a way to correct this?

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Hi i have a 2004 T1 with air suspension and i have fitted adjustable links from the upper control arm and the height sensors so i can run lower ride height, the problem i have is that the right hand front is 10mm lower than the left front and when you adjust one side it changes both sides. I refitted the stock links and it is still 10mm out,is there a way to correct this?

Did you re-calibrate the ride height with VCDS ?

Regards
Drag

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do have a scan tool and i attempted to change the suspension code from 0015521 to the R50s 0015541 and it would not accept it.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No changing the code is not what I mean.
This should fix it.
Ross-Tech: VAG-COM: Suspension Level Control Calibration
Just goes to show you how much the ownership of a VCDS cable is worth to a Touareg owner.

Regards
Drag
Hey thanks Drag you have helped me again, I was under the impression that if I just swapped out the links it would trick the module and lower the car by the amount that I lengthened the link, I managed to get the car level but on the way home the running gear fault came on.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Just goes to show you how much the ownership of a VCDS cable is worth to a Touareg owner.
Regards
Drag
Amen to that, brother Drag. I think people are getting tired of how many posts I've put up every time that cable saves me money ... and it is literally in the thousands. And I had to put new sensors on my air ride and recalibrate - saved a couple of hundred right there I'm sure.

David

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
The computer may be sensing such different changes from the sensors and causing it to throw an error code.

X2 (or 3 or 4...) on VCDS. Just this weekend I used it to diagnose an HVAC problem and it saved me from having to tear apart my dashboard.
:- )

Once you have VCDS, you can recalibrate the system. It will also allow you to adjust the ride height and keep the stock sensor arms.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The computer may be sensing such different changes from the sensors and causing it to throw an error code.

X2 (or 3 or 4...) on VCDS. Just this weekend I used it to diagnose an HVAC problem and it saved me from having to tear apart my dashboard.
:- )

Once you have VCDS, you can recalibrate the system. It will also allow you to adjust the ride height and keep the stock sensor arms.
Yes this is what i will do, thank you

1 - 9 of 9 Posts