Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
With the recent heat wave in SA, thought I should share how I improved my air-conditioner which has never worked well since we have had the car despite air conditioner compressor and other components replaced.

I noticed when travelling as a passenger my elbow would always be cold and discovered this was due to the ducting in the front door where sealed to the b pillar was not sealing due to the b pillar trim being slightly out of shape. I tried correcting with little success and ended up blocking the outlets to these ducts temporarily with duct tape at the dash. I will later 3D print some plugs.

I also noticed when the front of the car had direct sun sometimes the air conditioner would work better, I removed the sun sensor shown in the foreground with a green dot, what a difference this made, I think the car yard painted of the sensor to tizz it up before sale!

With these mods plus a new cabin filter, the air conditioner actually now cools down the car after sitting in the sun on a 40 deg day, which my wife and the kids are extremely happy with!

·
Registered
2014 VW Touareg V6 Lux & 2006 VW Touareg V8
45 Posts
Compliments of the season. Where's the location of the sun sensor? Could you show different angle pics e. g. if it's front of dashboard.

Sent from my HTC U11 plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The location of the sun sensor vw part name (Photosensor 2 for solar irradiation G134) is at the front most point of the dash in the centre, circled in red in the photo below. Next to the speaker/ac vent grille which I have removed (another project)

Here is a picture of the sensor from the training manual SSP 301, once the sensor is removed the climatronic system uses a set value for solar radiation.

·
Registered
2014 VW Touareg V6 Lux & 2006 VW Touareg V8
45 Posts
Thanks. I'll check it out.

Sent from my HTC U11 plus using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts