Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the PO's ended up breaking and gluing the cleaner housing because this port wont disconnect.

I am very frustrated both with PO and VW at this point. I have owned over 20 cars including Porsches, Mercedes and BMW and have never once had such difficulties accessing basic maintenance items. It seems VW has purposely made it so that only dealerships can work on them. This will most likely be my last VW.

Anyway I have popped the green cap off but cant get the port to disconnect. I am now involved in a several hour project to replace an air filter, and that is asinine.

Attachments

·
Registered
763 Posts
That's why it's nice to have a repair manual. If I remember correctly take a flat head screwdriver and slip it in between green collar and black tube and pull green collar back in direction of air filter box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm the green cap is popped off however the male end of the port (which is now broken off the filter housing) will not release from the female end. It rotates freely but will not pull out. I am considering regluing the broken piece but want to do it outside the vehicle.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I just remembered next step is there is a collar that the green part snaps onto that also needs to be pulled toward air box and that releases tube

If

·
Registered
763 Posts
Hope you got it, I remember struggling with that fitting also, super easy once you've done it the first time.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
The small black ring at the front of the connector needs to be firmly pressed against the body of the fitting. Away from the Airbox. This will allow the removal of the fitting with very little effort. The green cover is there to prevent the release ring being accidentally pressed. Once you work it out it is very simple to remove.

Stuart...

·
Registered
763 Posts
Stuart thanks for the correction, it's been awhile since I've done my filters. It's hard getting old and not being able to remember what you did yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys. Yes pushing the collar (black plastic) under the green cap allowed it to be pulled out. I didn't have any good epoxy so the broken piece is gorilla taped until I revisit.

The Touareg is incredibly impressive and capable. learning curve sure is steep though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.