Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

i have an issue with my Touareg. I bought a dashcam that comes with a plug for the sigarette lighter. But the issue im having with that is that 12V output is always on. Even if the car is closed it stays on all day.

It allready pulled my battery and i had to buy a new one.

Does anyone know how or where to get a 12V signal wire in the car? I checked the 12V cables of the radio but those are also always on.

Who can help me with this. I searched on here but i could not find anything. I also want to install a carpc/raspberry pi 2 soon and i will have the same issue with that.

Thanks allot in advance.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Probe the fuses in either left or right fuse panels. Find one that is switched with ignition. Use a fuse tap to provide power for your dashcam. You'' probably have to buy a hardwire kit though to give you the proper connector for the dashcam.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probe the fuses in either left or right fuse panels. Find one that is switched with ignition. Use a fuse tap to provide power for your dashcam. You'' probably have to buy a hardwire kit though to give you the proper connector for the dashcam.
Thanks. Ill try that

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ASUS_Z01RD met Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used on the passenger side of the Car. Bottom 2 rows were only getting power When u turn the key to contact or start. There were some slots free so i used one of those with a new circuit breaker. Used minus from the light at the feet of passagier side. Worked great thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts