Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
You need to scan the car with VCDS to get the fault codes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yah I guess but every time it goes off it’s usully after work or when the shops already closed. Should it be in history?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Yes any codes should store in your history unless someone has cleared them or the battery was disconnected then reconnected after a bit.
What NoobyT is referring to with VCDS is a Ross Tech tool you can buy and use to scan codes yourself. It's a very handy tool that most people should have in their toolbox. That way you can scan codes (and much more) any time it's convenient for you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bad headlight 2007 Touareg

So my headlight doesn’t work. I replaced the bulb twice but still doesn’t work. The high beams and small yellow bulb work fine but the headlight doesn’t. Anyone ever have this problem. You think it’s the fuses? Where are they?

·
Multiple v10tdi owner
711 Posts
If you have the HID headlights it most likely is the ballast. I picked up a used set on eBay as the aftermarket cause headlight errors on the dash. Get a VCDS scan and you will know more for sure as to what is wrong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
Blownvette
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing