Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2015 (2016 MY) Touareg SE 3.0 V6 TDi 262PS
1,159 Posts
It suggests to me that one tyre is below pressure - pumping up the rear right tyre seems to be needed - not sure why the dealer couldn't tell you that.

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,566 Posts
It suggests to me that one tyre is below pressure - pumping up the rear right tyre seems to be needed - not sure why the dealer couldn't tell you that.
because...."dealer"

·
Registered
2021 Touareg 210TDI R-Line Wolfsburg Edition Pure White
54 Posts
On the big central display, drag the car symbol left or right to show oil level or tyre pressure. It will show the same tyre pressure indication that has come up on the dash display. The bracketed numbers are the target pressure. The bold figures are actual. The display in the dash has come up because your right rear actual is below the target. Note that there are 2 target settings, standard and fully loaded. For the V6, the rears are 37 standard and 40 fully loaded. I guess higher for the V8. You can get to the setting from the vehicle icon on the centre display.

·
Registered
2013 VW Touareg TDI Sport w/tech
941 Posts
Likely the driver side rear being more than 3psi below rating. Tire pressures lower than 3psi below the rating causes a warning. Happens when I rotate tires and forget to air them up (rear). 33psi F -39psi R.

But use a gauge you trust to check tire pressures, not the Touareg.

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,566 Posts
Likely the driver side rear being more than 3psi below rating. Tire pressures lower than 3psi below the rating causes a warning. Happens when I rotate tires and forget to air them up (rear). 33psi F -39psi R.

But use a gauge you trust to check tire pressures, not the Touareg.
It's an Australian vehicle, so driver's side is right hand side. ;)

·
Learner
MY21 Wolfsburg V6 Moonlight Blue
5,888 Posts
After the last off-road trip I realise I now need to change the default so when pressures are lowered to let's say 25 to drive in off-road conditions the warning doesn't come up.
Best to perhaps change the fully loaded default to 20psi or thereabouts to cover for sand.
I don't think there's a Set button to do this via mfi so will be a recode job

·
Premium Member
MY21 V8 R-Line Grey
87 Posts
maybe it doesn't like misbalance? 44 vs 40 on the rear.
I know mine's super sensitive, especially when the tyres are cold.
Went up in the hills last April and it bleated at me every morning until they warmed up.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
maybe it doesn't like misbalance? 44 vs 40 on the rear.
I know mine's super sensitive, especially when the tyres are cold.
Went up in the hills last April and it bleated at me every morning until they warmed up.
Yes I have thought of that. Run them all at 40 psi and no change. I had a puncture very early on after we bought the car new. It came on then and has been there ever since. I will get vw to look at it at the same time that they figure out why the stop start feature is not working. Regards Garry

·
Registered
2021 Touareg 210TDI R-Line Wolfsburg Edition Pure White
54 Posts
Yes I have thought of that. Run them all at 40 psi and no change. I had a puncture very early on after we bought the car new. It came on then and has been there ever since. I will get vw to look at it at the same time that they figure out why the stop start feature is not working. Regards Garry
It's warning you because the actual 40 psi on the RR is less than the target (41). Either inflate to 41+, or if you've set the monitoring system for full load but are just running normal loads, you can set it back to "Standard", which has lower targets than "Fully Loaded".
To do that touch the car symbol on the big screen, then use the left / right arrows high on the display to scroll until you show Tyre Pressure Monitoring System. Down low on the screen is a menu bar with a Load icon. Touch it to pop up the Standard and Fully loaded options. You'll see the actual pressure remain the same but the figures in brackets will change.
On the big screen, when actual are greater than or equal to target it will show a Tyre Pressure OK message. There is no corresponding low tyre pressure message on the big screen - in that case you get the display in the dash. Note that Vehicle Status OK with the green tick as per your photo is ignoring tyre pressure monitoring, ie verall status can be OK even when a tyre is low.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's warning you because the actual 40 psi on the RR is less than the target (41). Either inflate to 41+, or if you've set the monitoring system for full load but are just running normal loads, you can set it back to "Standard", which has lower targets than "Fully Loaded".
To do that touch the car symbol on the big screen, then use the left / right arrows high on the display to scroll until you show Tyre Pressure Monitoring System. Down low on the screen is a menu bar with a Load icon. Touch it to pop up the Standard and Fully loaded options. You'll see the actual pressure remain the same but the figures in brackets will change.
On the big screen, when actual are greater than or equal to target it will show a Tyre Pressure OK message. There is no corresponding low tyre pressure message on the big screen - in that case you get the display in the dash. Note that Vehicle Status OK with the green tick as per your photo is ignoring tyre pressure monitoring, ie verall status can be OK even when a tyre is low.
I do understand that. The pressure set at 40 is cold. Once warmed up the reading should go up approx 4 psi which is above the set number. I have never had a Tyre Pressure OK message.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts