Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Learner
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Sydneysiders,
Realise its covid times and we must practice social distancing but given its going to be primarily a drive day it would be okay to have a get together I reckon.
We rendezvous at Mooney Bridge, drive out to Pokolbin via glenworth valley ie stopover for lunch at the pub at Laguna and then coffee at Pokolbin at one of the wineries (Brokenwood) and then return via a drive on the dirt road after checking out the two look outs in the Watagans. Trust me its a nice, safe, wifey/kids compatible drive...the dirt section is nothing to sweat over. We'll be back on freeway in no time.
Would be good ClubTouareg, family day out and we can keep the social distance :)

Dont need any thing except your Touareg, road tyres will be okay.

Who's up? Date would be Saturday 3rd October.

Cheers
Singh

·
Registered
27 Posts
Great idea mate and I would love to come along, but camping comes first.

Reactions: Singh

·
Learner
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well well with not much interest or availability this isn't going anywhere ☺

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,184 Posts
Pity about the response here Singh. Maybe a mention on the Touareg Owners FB page? VW Touareg Owners

·
Learner
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pity about the response here Singh. Maybe a mention on the Touareg Owners FB page? VW Touareg Owners
Times have changed, perhaps Covid too, else we would have 10-15 Touaregs for such a meet.
Will have to dig up some old posts and pictures to reminisce 🙂

Reactions: Steve_L

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm keen :cool:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Times have changed, perhaps Covid too, else we would have 10-15 Touaregs for such a meet.
Great idea and we would have come but that's the day we start our journey out to Cameron Corner. :)

·
Learner
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great idea and we would have come but that's the day we start our journey out to Cameron Corner. :)
Good luck
Enjoy the stay under ground at White Cliffs.
Btw, legally are you able to be in the different states ie at the corner given the restrictions?

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I'd do it ... but you know what im going through.

Cant be more than an hour from assistance until his treatment finishes

·
Learner
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd do it ... but you know what im going through.

Cant be more than an hour from assistance until his treatment finishes
Good luck mate, hope it all goes well for you, health and wellbeing first

Reactions: Odessa

·
Registered
752 Posts
I think there is a cop on the QLD side. We are just going to the corner, don't intend on going into QLD... Maybe I should take my birth certificate just in case to prove I am a Queenslander!

We have booked a couple of nights underground at White Cliffs.

·
Learner
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think there is a cop on the QLD side. We are just going to the corner, don't intend on going into QLD... Maybe I should take my birth certificate just in case to prove I am a Queenslander!

We have booked a couple of nights underground at White Cliffs.
You planning to stop at the pub at wilcannia by any chance
Have a good trip 👍

·
Registered
166 Posts
:unsure: you can drive somewhere????
you lucky, lucky bastards....
we can only dream of driving somewhere... :)

greetings Singh, from the covid infested pariah state, the only state where they handed total control of the circus to the clowns... Cirque de Victoria.

if we were allowed to cross the border I would go just to get out of this state for a while.
last time I was more than 20km from home was in February.

hopefully you may get a few starters closer to the date.

cheers
Ian

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Soooo ... Victoria doesnt know about European Motor Vehicles (and i gues numerous others) that engage carbon triple layer filtration systems in their vehicles :oops: :oops: :oops:

You would be safe as houses to go for a drive... just dont get out of the vehicle..... O.. um petrol fill up :(:(

Serious note though ........... This is a pandemic like nothing seen in our lifetime. Our over expentational selves need to get used to just a little less self conciousness and over entitlement.

We are all in this together and soooo many are not doing the right thing. I truly am amazed.

Hang in there Ian !!

Reactions: RobCli

·
Learner
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:unsure: you can drive somewhere????
you lucky, lucky bastards....
we can only dream of driving somewhere... :)

greetings Singh, from the covid infested pariah state, the only state where they handed total control of the circus to the clowns... Cirque de Victoria.

if we were allowed to cross the border I would go just to get out of this state for a while.
last time I was more than 20km from home was in February.

hopefully you may get a few starters closer to the date.

cheers
Ian
G'day Ian, not easy there at all.
Hopefully the end isn't too far

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi Sydneysiders,
Realise its covid times and we must practice social distancing but given its going to be primarily a drive day it would be okay to have a get together I reckon.
We rendezvous at Mooney Bridge, drive out to Pokolbin via glenworth valley ie stopover for lunch at the pub at Laguna and then coffee at Pokolbin at one of the wineries (Brokenwood) and then return via a drive on the dirt road after checking out the two look outs in the Watagans. Trust me its a nice, safe, wifey/kids compatible drive...the dirt section is nothing to sweat over. We'll be back on freeway in no time.
Would be good ClubTouareg, family day out and we can keep the social distance :)

Dont need any thing except your Touareg, road tyres will be okay.

Who's up? Date would be Saturday 3rd October.

Cheers
Singh
I’m keen however will depend on how my roster is for that weekend and will have to stay in the car other than for essential services. Havnt had a tap beer in 4 months.
Let me know if it’s still on.

·
Learner
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I’m keen however will depend on how my roster is for that weekend and will have to stay in the car other than for essential services. Havnt had a tap beer in 4 months.
Let me know if it’s still on.
Hi Matt,
Well with no sign of enthusiasm from fellow Sydneysiders I canned the idea.
Plus I bought a jetski so most weekends this summer will now be on the water 🙂
The V8 towbar will finally get some use.
LED lights work perfectly and the Touareg doesn't even feel the 500-600kgs on the back 😃

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Ha !!!!!!!!!!!! ......... So Singh..... Saturdays mornings down the beach got turned into fang mode on the water 😂 😂

ENJOY .... Be Safe !!!

·
Learner
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ha !!!!!!!!!!!! ......... So Singh..... Saturdays mornings down the beach got turned into fang mode on the water 😂 😂

ENJOY .... Be Safe !!!
Hi Odessa,
For me it's the V8 Touareg equivalent on water 😃
Yamaha Supercharged FX cruiser... 0-100 is faster than the V8 ...rips the arms off...
Now I can get to those swimming spots and elusive beaches even quicker :)
Here's a teaser

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Nice !!! Cant wait for feedback !!

My ideal escape machine and 1st mate

Attachments

1 - 20 of 68 Posts