Club Touareg Forum banner
61 - 80 of 106 Posts

· Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Like at the Eye Doctor...
That's not what I meant wise guy. You sayin' I need my eyes checked because the new LED bulbs aren't as bright as the ones I had in?

· Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
For $150?? It better be bright
For anyone switching from incandescent they'll be tickled pink.
For me coming from 6500K LED's they're just OK.

· Super Moderator
2,111 Posts
6,500k has nothing to do with color out put. The K is color temp. So when you're saying your old ones are better because your K was higher makes no sense. Lumens output is how, light output is measured.

· Registered
2010 TDI
561 Posts
I agree with your first statement. Coming from an incandescent, these are the cat's ass. 5500K white is pretty darn white. Even if they are less lumens than other LED brands, the increase and color difference over stock bulbs is incredible. I'll take a few less lumens to have the switchback function. I do like me some yeller fog lights. Great attention getters.

· Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
6,500k has nothing to do with color out put. The K is color temp. So when you're saying your old ones are better because your K was higher makes no sense. Lumens output is how, light output is measured.
The ones in the link below are what I had in.
Yes the K is color temp, they're also 8000lm per bulb. Oddly I couldn't find the lm output on the deAutoLED bulbs, unless my cataracts are acting up again. Does anyone know?

Link >>>> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WCS6GN1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Haha
Reactions: Micheld7

· Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
I'll take a few less lumens to have the switchback function.
I agree. My guess is I'll get used to the lesser lumen output on the whites and wind up leaving them in.

Reactions: C-ya

· Registered
2010 TDI
561 Posts
That would be a little disappointing considering the price. Can anyone take pictures of the deautoled bulbs out of the car? It is kinda fishy to me that they never show any pictures on their site.
I didn't take any pics (as I said above), but the assembly looks like these except the box is square. https://www.aliexpress.com/i/2261799914364845.html?gatewayAdapt=4itemAdapt

Here are two pics of the stalk where the LEDs are mounted.

From the side

Head on - they are very thin

· Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Oddly mine wound up @ 2 and 7 o'clock respectively. I very lightly kept trying to turn them and they went to the vertical position. I'm not sure if I didn't turn them far enough originally or if the are adjustable by turning them further.
I wound up raising the beams with the fog lamp ass'y adjustment screw tonight. The bright whites seem to project lower than the other two colors. I now have the bright whites close to where my previous LED bulb beam was. It did raise the amber/normal beams a bit. I'll have to judge the light pattern while driving now.

I still wish these bulbs didn't have the normal light output but rather just the bright white and amber.

· Registered
2017 VW Touareg Executive VR6
155 Posts
Oddly mine wound up @ 2 and 7 o'clock respectively. I very lightly kept trying to turn them and they went to the vertical position. I'm not sure if I didn't turn them far enough originally or if the are adjustable by turning them further.
I wound up raising the beams with the fog lamp ass'y adjustment screw tonight. The bright whites seem to project lower than the other two colors. I now have the bright whites close to where my previous LED bulb beam was. It did raise the amber/normal beams a bit. I'll have to judge the light pattern while driving now.

I still wish these bulbs didn't have the normal light output but rather just the bright white and amber.
Simple question - how easy is it to change the Fog light bulb in 2017 TReg? I hvent even crawled under to look but did search the forum.. Saw a write up on light replcement where the whole front bumper was removed.. but anyone have a quick write up of pics for a simpleton... :D

· Super Moderator
2,111 Posts
Simple question - how easy is it to change the Fog light bulb in 2017 TReg? I hvent even crawled under to look but did search the forum.. Saw a write up on light replcement where the whole front bumper was removed.. but anyone have a quick write up of pics for a simpleton... :D
You remove the 3 screws behind the wheel well. Peal it back and stick your hand in.

· Registered
2017 VW Touareg Executive VR6
155 Posts
I'm looking for the fog light bulb size for my 2017. Can't find it in the manual. I see HID's are H7's for main lights.
Will see if I can open the access panel to the fog light and remove the bulb and see what size? H11 H8 H7? No idea...:unsure:

Also, separate topic - wanted to know if anyone has replaced the front turn signal w/ LED??? This looks like a nice improvement as well..
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

· Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
I'm looking for the fog light bulb size for my 2017. Can't find it in the manual. I see HID's are H7's for main lights.
Will see if I can open the access panel to the fog light and remove the bulb and see what size? H11 H8 H7? No idea...:unsure:

Also, separate topic - wanted to know if anyone has replaced the front turn signal w/ LED??? This looks like a nice improvement as well..
View attachment 254940
I believe you have H11's.
I'm really surprised your owners manual doesn't list replacement bulbs throughout the vehicle. My '11's manual does.
Personally I never considered changing the turn signal bulb to an LED. I figure it's a turn signal and as long as it blinks people will see it.

· Registered
2010 TDI
561 Posts
Personally I never considered changing the turn signal bulb to an LED. I figure it's a turn signal and as long as it blinks people will see it.
Agreed. My front turn signals light up stuff way in front of me. I don't feel the need to swap them.

Reverse lights, OTOH, are on my list to replace with LEDs.

· Super Moderator
2,111 Posts
Agreed. My front turn signals light up stuff way in front of me. I don't feel the need to swap them.

Reverse lights, OTOH, are on my list to replace with LEDs.
You have a T2, there is no reverse LED that works for it... I've been down this road lol

61 - 80 of 106 Posts