Club Touareg Forum banner
41 - 60 of 106 Posts

· Registered
2008 Touareg V8
448 Posts
I had the ALLA and I had no complaints. The light pattern was great. You can see it on my Touareg if you scroll up. I'm about go buy it again
Try it. If you don't like it, you can always return it. Its Amazon haha

· Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
If your Treg doesn't have the "Use fog lamps for cornering" coded out then you could end up with one white and one yellow.
As far as the pattern I'm not sure. The white AUXITO ones I have installed right now allow you to rotate and the lock into position the way the LED chips face to get the light pattern you want. I see the LASFIT ones allow adjustment as well.

Reactions: Micheld7

· Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
So I got my LED bulbs from deAutoLED today. I put them in and tested them out.
I was worried about the bulb out warning coming on and sure enough it did. I put one bulb in first and the bulb didn't work. I flipped the plug as it can plug in 180°. Bulb came on but I still had the bulb out warning. I shut the vehicle off and restared it, no warning. Bulb worked as it should. I installed the other bulb and went through the same routine. Now they both work and no warning. CanBus is happy. Pics below.

White output mode.
Car Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle Automotive tire

Amber output mode.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood

And oddly enough a normal output mode which I wish it didn't have.
Automotive parking light Land vehicle Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

· Registered
2010 TDI
557 Posts
I thought I read it was a 3-mode set up. I can do without the "halogen" look as well as that is what I replaced. Oh, well.

I got mine installed yesterday as we went to visit family for Thanksgiving. I didn't take any pictures, but man are those bulbs bright in the daytime! How was the light going forward when seated in the driver's seat? That's what I'm looking forward to seeing.

· Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
How was the light going forward when seated in the driver's seat? That's what I'm looking forward to seeing.
That's what I'm waiting to see on the drive home from work tonight.
My initial thought is I don't think they're as bright as the Auxito LED's I had in.

· Registered
2012 Touareg Exec, White
72 Posts
My initial thought is I don't think they're as bright as the Auxito LED's I had in.
That would be a little disappointing considering the price. Can anyone take pictures of the deautoled bulbs out of the car? It is kinda fishy to me that they never show any pictures on their site.

· Registered
2010 TDI
557 Posts
Ah, so you had LEDs. I didn't. I'm sure I'll see a marked improvement. Or at least I hope to.

· Registered
2010 TDI
557 Posts
@Strattoa , I didn't think to get any pics. They looked like most other LED bulbs - wiring with a box for the driver, a base with a fan, a copper colored bare stalk to hold the chips, and the chips themselves. The LEDs were half white, half yellow with one on either side of the stalk. The as-shipped orientation aligns the LEDs on the left and right side of the stalk when installed.

· Registered
2012 Touareg Exec, White
72 Posts
@Strattoa , I didn't think to get any pics. They looked like most other LED bulbs - wiring with a box for the driver, a base with a fan, a copper colored bare stalk to hold the chips, and the chips themselves. The LEDs were half white, half yellow with one on either side of the stalk. The as-shipped orientation aligns the LEDs on the left and right side of the stalk when installed.
Thanks. Just curious if they were obviously rebranded Allas or something. Hard to judge quality when they have zero pics of the bulbs themselves.

· Registered
2010 TDI
557 Posts
I took a few pics tonight of the lights. Pretty good throw - a little better than I expected. You hear promises and hope for the world but usually end up with a postage-stamp sized plot. The white was very noticeable while driving. I think the amber will be great in the snow and fog - they are very bright and project nicely. Even the "halogen" color seemed better than my actual halogen bulbs.

White/default

Amber

"Halogen"

A couple of the light throw. The trees across the street are a bit brighter with the white fog light on.

Left on, right off. Not a lot of difference in the picture, but very noticeable to the eye from inside the vehicle.

· Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
These are super bright. I can see for miles with them...
Confirmed tonight that these definitely aren't as bright as the Auxito LED ones I had in.
I'll leave them in for Winter so I can use the Amber beams, but I'll switch them out for Summertime.

41 - 60 of 106 Posts