Club Touareg Forum banner
21 - 40 of 106 Posts

· Super Moderator
2,111 Posts
I ordered them without the resistor based on the info given in post #12. I'm just hoping I don't get a fog lamp out warning on the MFD. There's something in the back of my mind that I recall having to buy CanBus ready LED fog light bulbs due to getting the message with standard LED ones.
Worse comes to worse I can put the ones I have now back in until I get resistors.
I don't have an error while using them in my 14 A4, I am assuming they use a similar electrical system. the only time I get an error is when I turn on the strobe lights, otherwise it's good.

· Super Moderator
2,111 Posts
So I just ordered the deAutoLED switchback fog lamps that Touaregman33 suggested in post #2. I went with these, despite seeing LASFIT has them available for less, because they offer a lifetime warranty.
I found discount code FOG15 and wound up paying $133.11, shipping was free.
I've had Zero issues with them in all the years. It's a great product.

· Super Moderator
2,111 Posts
These look nice, the price is a little concerning though, I also wouldn't want them to burn out quickly and have to replace the whole housing.

· Registered
2010 TDI
557 Posts
Got a notice that my order shipped today. Looks like we'll have decent weather when they get here so I can get them installed.

· Super Moderator
2,111 Posts
Got a notice that my order shipped today. Looks like we'll have decent weather when they get here so I can get them installed.
It's a very quick and easy install. I do them under 5 minutes each side. Just remove the few bottom screws in the wheel liner, can squeeze your hand it.

· Registered
2010 TDI
557 Posts
It's a very quick and easy install. I do them under 5 minutes each side. Just remove the few bottom screws in the wheel liner, can squeeze your hand it.
Yep, that's how I got the current new bulbs in. I'll have to see if anyone I know uses H11s as I will have two sets I don't need.

· Registered
2008 Touareg V8
448 Posts
I thought I'd chip in. Had on my 05 for a little over a year before I sold it few months ago, no issues. The light beam/pattern is amazing and its super bright - 8000 Lumens, really bright and I love the yellow, its just looks cool. Really illuminates the road
When I first turn on the fog light, its always white. To switch to yellow, I just flick high beam lever or "flash to pass" really quick and it changes to yellow and same thing to go back to white. No need to mess with the fog light switch every single time.

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Car
Wheel Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

· Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
You must have ordered them right as I ordered mine.lol I got the same notice.
Did you use the discount code?

· Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I thought I'd chip in. Had on my 05 for a little over a year before I sold it few months ago, no issues. The light beam/pattern is amazing and its super bright - 8000 Lumens, really bright and I love the yellow, its just looks cool. Really illuminates the road
When I first turn on the fog light, its always white. To switch to yellow, I just flick high beam lever or "flash to pass" really quick and it changes to yellow and same thing to go back to white. No need to mess with the fog light switch every single time.

View attachment 254539 View attachment 254540
Thanks for the tip.
I've got my fogs to stay on with high beams though, so I'll have to use the fog light switch.
No biggie as I'll only switch them to yellow in snow/fog.

Reactions: Touaregman33

· Registered
2010 TDI
557 Posts
Mine arrived today in SW Michigan. I had plans to change the front hub bearings in the wife's Santa Fe, and with darkness arriving early, I finished too late to put the new lights in. I'll get them in tomorrow at some point.

· Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Mine won't be here 'till Friday the 25th which is odd because I'm in N.Y. also.
I'm just really curious if they trigger a CanBus tantrum.

· Registered
2012 Touareg Exec, White
72 Posts
Anyone have issues with the cornering lights on the T3? I've heard stories of people getting stuck with one white and one yellow. I've also heard complaints about the switchback bulbs not having great light patterns in either the white or yellow mode because they aren't centered in the bulb. Anyone experience that? I've been eyeballing the Allas for the cost but have held off due to that concern.

21 - 40 of 106 Posts