Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2017 VW Touareg Executive VR6
155 Posts
I have them, I've had them for years. I started with the Touareg, then when I sold my T1 I put them in my A4. They're super super bright, and have the ability to strobe as well. Yellow cuts though the snow and fog like nothing. I use them every day and they've been amazing. They're not cheap but 100% worth it. Customer service sucks with them but the product is A1

So wait - I'm in for these as the stock halogen bulbs suck... How do they operate or switch modes, by turning on/off through the standard fog light switch to activate??? Says turn on/off fast to operate strobe mode. Not interested in that, just want white, option for yellow is cool.. Any insight in how the modes are switched??? Also, do these play well with T3 Canbus, or do I need a VAG com to switch some bits to get working properly?

· Registered
155 Posts
Oddly mine wound up @ 2 and 7 o'clock respectively. I very lightly kept trying to turn them and they went to the vertical position. I'm not sure if I didn't turn them far enough originally or if the are adjustable by turning them further.
I wound up raising the beams with the fog lamp ass'y adjustment screw tonight. The bright whites seem to project lower than the other two colors. I now have the bright whites close to where my previous LED bulb beam was. It did raise the amber/normal beams a bit. I'll have to judge the light pattern while driving now.

I still wish these bulbs didn't have the normal light output but rather just the bright white and amber.
Simple question - how easy is it to change the Fog light bulb in 2017 TReg? I hvent even crawled under to look but did search the forum.. Saw a write up on light replcement where the whole front bumper was removed.. but anyone have a quick write up of pics for a simpleton... :D

· Registered
155 Posts
I'm looking for the fog light bulb size for my 2017. Can't find it in the manual. I see HID's are H7's for main lights.
Will see if I can open the access panel to the fog light and remove the bulb and see what size? H11 H8 H7? No idea...:unsure:

Also, separate topic - wanted to know if anyone has replaced the front turn signal w/ LED??? This looks like a nice improvement as well..
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

· Registered
155 Posts
LED reverse lights make a night and day difference. It's a real shame no one ever figured it out. I mean it's a simple thing right? I guess not :(
Yeah - I didn't order the front turn signal LED's ($49), but agree, and while we are on the dark theme - LED reverse lights would really help backing up at night - too bad

· Registered
155 Posts
Got my Fogs this afternoon and just installed them tonight. Literally took 5 min to install. Definitely a marked improvement over standard bulbs. Wish We could upgrade the main HID lights as they are pretty weak IMO.. The only thing that sucks with my fogs is the inside of the housings are so dirty. Since they are sealed I tried a microfiber cloth with some windex poked in with a long srewdriver but with limited effect. Other than that great improvement. I have to say, the DE auto LED's are nicely packaged. The ballast and harness assembly is quality IMO.

Hmmm what's next... ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts